Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 06/03/2024 at 19:50, philpy said:

You probably know where she lives anyway.

You've clearly never been to Durness, there's not exactly as huge numbers of houses!

On 18/02/2024 at 09:48, invergowrie arab said:

Scottish businesses using English terminology.

I'm physically repulsed by the words sarnie and butty

The Taypark in Dundee are offering a full Scottish "brekky". I hope it goes on fire 

21 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The phrase "Oh My Days" as used by - apparently - all young people, and some not so young now.

Just. f**k. Off.

I think it comes from those of west African ancestry. I've a few Nigerian colleagues who say that as they're keen bible thumpers who are uncomfortable saying "oh my god".

49 minutes ago, velo army said:

I think it comes from those of west African ancestry. I've a few Nigerian colleagues who say that as they're keen bible thumpers who are uncomfortable saying "oh my god".

I get that, but slightly unsure why young people who have no issue with other sweary words seem to want to use this........

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I get that, but slightly unsure why young people who have no issue with other sweary words seem to want to use this........

So to be clear, your PTTGOYN is that youngsters aren't choosing to swear as much.

I can get behind that tbf, but I like creativity and variety too, so I'm torn here.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

The Taypark in Dundee are offering a full Scottish "brekky". I hope it goes on fire 

My wife asked for a full English breakfast at Edinburgh airport. 

Minter

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

My wife asked for a full English breakfast at Edinburgh airport. 

Minter

A couple of Falkirk fans on here could help you with writing up.a separation agreement. That's appalling behaviour.

* Although I don't like haggis with a breakfast either so it's full English for me too Clive....

After the beloved Sycamore Gap tree was felled last year, work is now underway to save it using rescued seeds and cuttings.  elb.the-ozone-project.com

Located at the Roman-made Hadrian’s Wall for centuries, the tree was a popular attraction in the Northumberland countryside.

The iconic landmark even featured in a scene of Kevin Costner’s 1991 film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Then without a warning, the 200-year-old sycamore was cut down on September 28, leaving just a stump sticking out with the large trunk laying next to it.

Northumbria Police questioned a 16-year-old boy and 69-year-old former lumberjack Walter Renwick who have both since been released.

They will face no further action, police confirmed.

Then two men in their 30s were arrested and questioned relation to the incident, and both remain on bail.

In October last year, investigators found specks of chainsaw oil left at the scene, which could provide a unique ‘fingerprint’ to help identify a suspect.

Police described the felling as ‘deliberate act of vandalism’.

SEI_181773703-8d7f.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Why exactly the nation’s favourite tree was destroyed is still a mystery

National Trust which runs the site rushed to collect seeds and cuttings from the tree that could be planted and nurtured

They were transported to a secret location somewhere in Devon to a ‘high security greenhouse’, a BBC report said.

Andy Jasper, director of parklands at the National Trust, said in December: ‘After discovering the felled tree, our teams were quickly on the scene to collect material that would enable us to propagate from the tree

SEI_195218904-8af8.jpg?quality=90&strip=

The inconsistencies in the Sky updates.  Example below where Annan get their Athletic, but Dunfermline don't.  The length of the Annan v QoS line above shows that space isn't an excuse.  Scandalous.

PXL_20240309_1640491403.thumb.jpg.f5512a9886e6bd136bfa10ef9ec674c5.jpg

Sunday service on trains and buses! Looking for travelling into Edinburger tomorrow night and of the 5 train stations I could reasonably get to on about 3 different lines, none have a direct service to or from the capital after 6pm ish. Feels like some horrible holdover from the puritanical religious past that should be yeeted into the sea.