Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Possibly. I hadn't brought it up before because I thought it would be a bit cheeky with me being a freeloader. Now I just need to remember it's P&B when I see a private window pop up before I shit myself thinking the wife might've seen whatever grot I might've been looking at and forgotten to close down. 

Imagine if she found out you had once read the Junior forums...

19 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Site won’t load for me on Chrome at all (as of about 2 weeks ago). I can get it to work using Firefox, or weirdly, on Chrome if I set it to private browsing. 

As a quick follow up to our woes, I did the following and it seems to have done the trick in Chrome at least. Followed the link and changed gnu rasterization to 'disabled' in the drop down box and restarted Chrome app et voila.

I don't know shit and may have opened myself up to my bank account being emptied in a cyber attack but hey, at least P&B is usable again. 

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/114281742?hl=en&msgid=118874997

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

As a quick follow up to our woes, I did the following and it seems to have done the trick in Chrome at least. Followed the link and changed gnu rasterization to 'disabled' in the drop down box and restarted Chrome app et voila.

I don't know shit and may have opened myself up to my bank account being emptied in a cyber attack but hey, at least P&B is usable again. 

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/114281742?hl=en&msgid=118874997

Thanks mate. I’ll have the wean do it, my days of rasterizing disabled gnus are long gone. 

On 03/05/2024 at 20:56, die hard doonhamer said:

My internet is £75 on its own. The joys of living rural and having to use starlink to get a decent connection speed. 

You're paying a premium based on your extensive hardcore bongo site usage, melting the wires.

Posted (edited)

Modern bathroom sinks with their stupid designs making it difficult to wash things down the plughole rather than leaving bits of hair or toothpaste all over the flat base.

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Modern bathroom sinks with their stupid designs making it difficult to wash things down the plughole rather than leaving bits of hair or toothpaste all over the flat base.

Designed for toothless baldies

On 03/05/2024 at 11:55, jimbaxters said:

Why can't people realise that on public transport, if you eat a meal you are affecting others either by noise or smell.

Was on a flight the other day and the lad next to me brought a silver takeaway tray on with him, asked the stewardess for a fork, opened it and ate what proved to be a chinese rice thing that he had obviously prepared at home. He had just sat in the airport for at least an hour probably but decided to open and eat it on a cramped space on what was a 1 hour 5 minute flight!

You should have told the cabin crew that you have a severe nut allergy and that it’s likely that this meal could contain traces of nuts and therefore he can’t eat on the plane! 😜

Or you should have just farted and sneezed like fcuk while he was trying to eat.

Or just elbowed him every time he was about to put a mouthful away.

Or just battered fcuk out of him.

Jakes on a plane for this nonsense. 

On 04/05/2024 at 11:36, Venti said:

'Side hustle'

Ffs just say 'other income'. You aren't Del Trotter.

A few years back, the press were full of stuff about young people choosing to work "side hustles" in their spare time, apparently oblivious to the fact that a lot of them had no choice. It took a while before the cost of living increased enough to affect affluent media types and become a crisis.

Anyway, I don't know how many times this has to be said, but 4-2 IS NOT A THRASHING. Thrashings start at 5-0. Thank you.

image.png.19a3cddcd8e8f2a08e1197a8e8934934.png

48 minutes ago, BFTD said:

A few years back, the press were full of stuff about young people choosing to work "side hustles" in their spare time, apparently oblivious to the fact that a lot of them had no choice. It took a while before the cost of living increased enough to affect affluent media types and become a crisis.

Anyway, I don't know how many times this has to be said, but 4-2 IS NOT A THRASHING. Thrashings start at 5-0. Thank you.

image.png.19a3cddcd8e8f2a08e1197a8e8934934.png

Latter part of that post sounded like a HELL of a beating... a HELL of a beating.

On 03/05/2024 at 22:38, Flybhoy said:

There's a Facebook page where an anonymous guy does takeaway and restaurant reviews in my area.... Forth Valley Food Guy and his reviews are quite informative and even funny at times however some of his Food nicknames and abbreviations boil my piss. 

Spiced Onions- Sponions 

Chicken nuggets  - Chuggets

Pakora - Paks

Really annoys me more than it should, like people calling McDonald's 'Maccie Dees', people like this should just be fucking killed.

It's clearly 'Ron's Meals'.

Anyone in Scotland saying any variant of "Mac" instead of "Mick" when referring to anything from McDonald's deserves to be thrown into the Mariana Trench with lead weights attached.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Anyone in Scotland saying any variant of "Mac" instead of "Mick" when referring to anything from McDonald's deserves to be thrown into the Mariana Trench with lead weights attached.

Does that include a Big Mick?

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Anyone referring to anything from McDonald's deserves to be thrown into the Mariana Trench with lead weights attached.

Ftfy