Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The guys in ‘ultras’ groups who stand at the front holding a megaphone, not even watching the game, but ‘conducting’ the crowd… every single one of them I’d love to see slapped in the puss’. I have no basis in fact for this, but I reckon every one of them think they’re some sort of special uber-fan. I just think they’re cuntos who need a megaphone shoved up their arse sideways. See also ‘Manolo’ that Spanish drummer. His sort - El Cunto.

Jeez, I’m in a right old mood this morning.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The guys in ‘ultras’ groups who stand at the front holding a megaphone, not even watching the game, but ‘conducting’ the crowd… every single one of them I’d love to see slapped in the puss’. I have no basis in fact for this, but I reckon every one of them think they’re some sort of special uber-fan. I just think they’re cuntos who need a megaphone shoved up their arse sideways. See also ‘Manolo’ that Spanish drummer. His sort - El Cunto.

Jeez, I’m in a right old mood this morning.

Please also add the bawbags with the flags that obliterate the view of about 50 fans behind them every time they wave the bloody things, and arseholes with flares (trousers or the smoky variety). I actually am there to watch the football.

Main stand and a pie and bovril for me these days.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I see you have driven on Spanish roundabouts

Spanish roundabouts are hilarious. Found there's totally different rules for inner city ones than the main roads, or so it appeared! But the sound advice is pick a gap, time your speed and just go... which worked out fine while I was over there. Although being 19 and driving a left hand drive minibus, everyone stayed out my way anyway! 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Hayfever got me this morning when I was driving into work. 

Taken an antihistamine now but I look like I have been pepper sprayed. 

I know the fucking feeling. Doesn't help that my workplace is right next to the east lothian countryside...

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Hayfever got me this morning when I was driving into work. 

Taken an antihistamine now but I look like I have been pepper sprayed. 

^^^^^ Been pepper sprayed but won't admit it.

2 minutes ago, Venti said:

When you try to set your DOB on something and the year part initially comes up with the current year.

When you start having to scroll quite far down to find your year of birth.

1 minute ago, Venti said:

When you try to set your DOB on something and the year part initially comes up with the current year.

I guess it's an easy way to stop people just clicking 'OK' to the default, as the current year shouldn't be accepted by any site that needs you to be an adult. Or, indeed, capable of using a website.

But aye, the older you get, the more annoying it is to scroll through the decades back to nineteen-umpteen  :angry:

When you're on night shifts, so you're just getting settled down for a few hours' kip before you need to leave for work, and your family decide now would be a good time to f**k about and make the fridge/toilet/oven explode and require your urgent attention  :angry:

45 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

When you start having to scroll quite far down to find your year of birth.

Oh, give me peace! It takes me about 20 minutes.

I was speaking to colleague who mentioned leaving school in 2008. I left school in 1978. She does the same job as me. Her career trajectory seems a bit better than mine.

9 hours ago, Venti said:

Worse when there's a calendar at all, it feels infinitely quicker just to type the thing as eight digits.

On a similar note, the American way of displaying dates. Not too bad written in full but it's always fun trying to decipher if 8/7 is 8th July or 7th August or whatever. I seem to recall they are the only nation who use mm/dd instead of dd/mm?

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Outlook has updated on my works laptop and completely overwritten every previous setting I had. Default font size is massive and I have no signature on my emails and that’s just what I’ve noticed so far 

That’s terrible!