Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

When you’re ordering something online and it costs close to 3 figures and they still add on postage.

Mon lads I’m spending good money here, be sound and gies delivery for free

If they're only charging you a few quid, they're already absorbing a loss on the postage. Insurance is prohibitive on items that expensive. Also, you've no idea what their profit is on that item.

You may have noticed that you've touched a sore spot from a previous life  :lol:

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

If they're only charging you a few quid, they're already absorbing a loss on the postage. Insurance is prohibitive on items that expensive. Also, you've no idea what their profit is on that item.

You may have noticed that you've touched a sore spot from a previous life  :lol:

Tbf it’s a pair of running shoes so a fair size but I’m used to places offering “orders over £x get free delivery”. I’m just a tight arse :lol:

Also, this is the PTTGOYN thread please take your valid and well reasoned points elsewhere 

It's bad enough sportsmen and women have started congratulating fellow competitors on social media by shortening congratulations to 'congrats'.  Some have even started saying it in interviews.  Just say congratulations you utter simpleton.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's bad enough sportsmen and women have started congratulating fellow competitors on social media by shortening congratulations to 'congrats'.  Some have even started saying it in interviews.  Just say congratulations you utter simpleton.

Untitled.jpeg.cc7742c41847d70afd41ab6c03e5e776.jpeg

On 01/07/2024 at 13:22, Leith Green said:

No idea, its some pish dreamed up by someone without an address or a GPS !

Pretty good for lone working in forestry, ping my sister what3words at rest location when lone working. Quite a few forestry companies use it for precise locations of tree drops, gates etc.

43 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Pretty good for lone working in forestry, ping my sister what3words at rest location when lone working. Quite a few forestry companies use it for precise locations of tree drops, gates etc.

Better than Lat/Long because it removes a lot of the scope for error?

I often use what three words when I’m wanting something at work delivered to the rear entrance. Mainly because i usually front entrance deliveries quite difficult and often painful. Much easier to put deliver a package in the rear.

Spoiler

IMG_0300.thumb.jpeg.7402ace381bde918c8bf3d4a861c462e.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I often use what three words when I’m wanting something at work delivered to the rear entrance. Mainly because i usually front entrance deliveries quite difficult and often painful. Much easier to put deliver a package in the rear.

103527.gif.21d3481788dc98c3fe6b386e339e7c20.gif103527.gif.21d3481788dc98c3fe6b386e339e7c20.gif103527.gif.21d3481788dc98c3fe6b386e339e7c20.gif103527.gif.21d3481788dc98c3fe6b386e339e7c20.gif

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There’s a guy from Greenock on here who is way angrier than you. You’re catching up though. Seriously, calm down. Both of you. 

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Isn't it as easy to send a GPS pin?

26 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

There’s a guy from Greenock on here who is way angrier than you. You’re catching up though. Seriously, calm down. Both of you. 

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

You’re one of the weirdest people on this forum and the majority of your posts are world class word salad too. The above being a prime example.

On 08/07/2024 at 12:21, philpy said:

My pet hate is folk who do that, but get the words wrong. Guy at work does it with a Nathan evans song (which makes it even worse) on numerous occasions. Of course,  it doesn't help matters when songs are played about 6 times a day....

My lovers got no money, his trombones on a lease

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Better than Lat/Long because it removes a lot of the scope for error?

It's just it's accuracy.  The whole world grided into m2 sections is pretty impressive. GPS on fones can be a bit iffy, that could be the difference bleeding put in a ditch a few meters from heads trying to find you.

Plus, funny words.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

It's just it's accuracy.  The whole world grided into m2 sections is pretty impressive. GPS on fones can be a bit iffy, that could be the difference bleeding put in a ditch a few meters from heads trying to find you.

Plus, funny words.

///donkey.bedroom.deep

Australian outback, check.