Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who lean on/over their trollies in supermarkets, usually the type that somehow manage to be as slow as f**k, take up a whole aisle and are oblivious to requests to move and who want to turn a simple shopping trip into a multi-hour adventure.  ASDA is the worst for that.

People sitting at traffic lights and who are unprepared for the lights turning to green.  Bad enough at any time, worse during the busy times.

I’ve only been back here two full days and am already pissed off at both these things.

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

People who lean on/over their trollies in supermarkets, usually the type that somehow manage to be as slow as f**k, take up a whole aisle and are oblivious to requests to move and who want to turn a simple shopping trip into a multi-hour adventure.  ASDA is the worst for that.

People sitting at traffic lights and who are unprepared for the lights turning to green.  Bad enough at any time, worse during the busy times.

I’ve only been back here two full days and am already pissed off at both these things.

Are you raging at the state of the roads yet?

It's like travelling by magic carpet over there after a lifetime driving on UK roads.

On 28/07/2024 at 23:24, Central Belt Caley said:

The petty thing that got on my nerves was being invited 

I’m sure my auntie (who lives up that neck of the woods) told me there’s plenty of people who travel to Wick who’ll get the train to Helmsdale and get someone to pick them up as it’s quicker than getting the train the full way 

My folks are Golspie.

They tend to get off at Tain and get a lift rather than the senic route round the top of Kyle of Sutherland!

On 29/07/2024 at 19:24, Zetterlund said:

Are you raging at the state of the roads yet?

It's like travelling by magic carpet over there after a lifetime driving on UK roads.

Yeah some of the road surfaces are very poor and the amount of roadworks is incredible.  Barely see roadworks where we live.

The Olympic team being called Team GB

Should be Team UK unless we are excluding Northern Ireland, the debate on whether that a good idea or not is something else. They in now so it should be called Team UK

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Should be Team UK unless we are excluding Northern Ireland, the debate on whether that a good idea or not is something else. They in now so it should be called Team UK

If the powers that be aren't worried about accuracy, presumably there'd be no problem if the team were named "Scotland" or "Wales".

A bit like the England and Wales cricket team being called "England", the badge being that well-known Welsh image of 3 lions and of course carrying the initials "ECB".

I suspect that the blazerati would spill their G&TS if folk started calling the team "Wales".

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah some of the road surfaces are very poor and the amount of roadworks is incredible.  Barely see roadworks where we live.

I'm guessing you don't see the effects of water freezing and breaking up tarmac much where you live. 

6 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Their reasoning is they know it’s wrong, but although the Team UK would be more correct it would still miss off all the crown dependencies. Maybe team UKCD would be a catch all?

21 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

I reckon @Homer Thompson is responsible for this, in the belief that it somehow rhymes. 

16 hours ago, 101 said:

Their reasoning is they know it’s wrong, but although the Team UK would be more correct it would still miss off all the crown dependencies. Maybe team UKCD would be a catch all?

Team UKGB+ ?

57 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Sea shantys (ies?) on Radio 2. As if Scott Mills isn't bad enough 

Why hasn't one of these Shanty singers done a cover of "Frigging in the rigging" yet?