Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

I'm another one for the fork in the right hand and never swapping it. Also when I'm in my own house I tend to just cut everything up in the kitchen and the knife doesn't need to leave the room (to get lost down the back of couch). For people who hand the knife back "unused"... why take it out the drawer? It's probably gonna get washed for being out anyway.
Ex was one for cutting everything with the side of her fork. Unsure if she had the co-ordination to use both hands at the same time. Didn't work too well as everything just kinda slid around the plate whilst she tore things apart.
Daughter insists on eating nearly everything with a spoon.

Don’t know how to start with everything that is wrong in this thread. 

On 01/09/2024 at 20:22, 'WellDel said:

He's from Greenock, I'd imagine he's yet to master the spoon.

If he's from Greenock he's probably burnt the erse out of it

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not if you're capable of doing all that with your weaker hand. 

What's wrong with using that? You get more rice on a spoon than you do a fork. Far better utensil for the job. 

I'm utter scum. I use prawn crackers for scooping up the rice. Edible cutlery. 

22 hours ago, 101 said:

Why don’t you eat at a table. Would be better for your digestion.

I live in a flat, no room for a table.

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

Some people have grown up food to deal with

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Was school good today?

Weird how some folk believe they are more mature for liking (or not liking) certain foodstuffs. In these "good old days" of handrolling cigarettes and driving cars at 12, did you have to sign a contract to never again eat chicken strips or turkey twizzlers? Or did it just come naturally after your mates down the mines took the piss?

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

C.S. Lewis

14 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Weird how some folk believe they are more mature for liking (or not liking) certain foodstuffs. In these "good old days" of handrolling cigarettes and driving cars at 12, did you have to sign a contract to never again eat chicken strips or turkey twizzlers? Or did it just come naturally after your mates down the mines took the piss?

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

C.S. Lewis

bgf8f8f8-flat750x075f-pad750x1000f8f8f8.thumb.webp.dc7cb2554f3c4bd1cba86cb1c7366920.webp

18 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

C.S. Lewis

image.png.bf57c461c543642285124bccf69be380.png

On 03/09/2024 at 17:57, Delicate Flower said:

Young people are utter, utter weirdos. Cannae use cutlery, cry about everything at school, can't listen to whole albums, have no decent socks. f**king awful generation. Awful.

sounds like my dad and his pal talking about me (Generation X)

On 03/09/2024 at 17:57, Delicate Flower said:

Young people are utter, utter weirdos. Cannae use cutlery, cry about everything at school, can't listen to whole albums, have no decent socks. f**king awful generation. Awful.

Your generation have f**ked the planet but at least you did it wearing nice socks and using your right hand to hold your knife. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

sounds like my dad and his pal talking about me (Generation X)

Exactly. It's quite depressing how the Baby Boomers have forgotten how their hippy-dippy generation was dismissed in the Sixties as a bunch of wasters who'd be responsible for the downfall of society.

Also how, if they're unhappy with the attitudes and mores of younger people, they're literally responsible for it as the senior citizens of society. A big boy didn't raise us and run away.