Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I find when that happens to me it's more to do with dust mites than a genuine cold. Have you tried dusting with a damp cloth instead of a dry one? It may or may not help but is worth a try perhaps.

Cheers. Never thought of that. Could be something to do with work. I end up sweeping the floor half the day, or dusting in the shop front! When I get blow my nose its basically black snots! <_<

I keep getting the fuckin cold. First got it at the start of July. It goes away for a few days then I get a sore throught again before getting a blocked nose and a cough. Then it will clear up and come back a few days later again. Felt fine since last weekend, but I was up half last night coughing again and feel a sore throught coming on again this morning! :angry:

Echinachia ;)

Cheers. Never thought of that. Could be something to do with work. I end up sweeping the floor half the day, or dusting in the shop front! When I get blow my nose its basically black snots! <_<

I get the same thing with dust, I usually just keep a packet of airwaves handy, I find it helps me.

Sore throat - dust.

Cough - dust.

Blocked nose - dust.

Sounds likely to me. Is it possible to wear some sort of protective thing over your nose and mouth while you're doing the most dusty stuff at work? I know it's not practical all the time but if it's going to benefit your health and alleviate the symptoms you've described then it could be worth a few seconds extra spent protecting yourself before disturbing the culprit!

You could try mopping instead of or as well as sweeping? I find that although sweeping gets rid of some dust it also allows the rest to settle again. Mopping gets rid of more of it. Same with damp dusting instead of using a dry cloth. I never even bother to dust the conventional way any more. When my asthma gets bad I find that a really good spring clean, moving furniture, damp dusting all the bits I don't get to with a regular clean, etc, although it's not particularly helpful to my breathing whilst I'm actually cleaning, really helps in the long term and my symptoms die down again. It often starts with the symptoms you describe, although I get breathlessness with it too.

People that complain about something a full 12 hours after the event. It couldn't have bothered them that much when they chose not to do anything about it at the time or even first thing the next morning.

Off to work now. Behave children.

****just to be clear, these are my views only****

Guest Brigton Derry Boy
People that complain about something a full 12 hours after the event. It couldn't have bothered them that much when they chose not to do anything about it at the time or even first thing the next morning.

I think that's probably quite common, and understandable.

I guess opening packets of bacon and ex-wives have already been covered in the past on this extensive thread?

I think that's probably quite common, and understandable.

I guess opening packets of bacon and ex-wives have already been covered in the past on this extensive thread?

Oh go on, you can't leave us hanging like that....... :o

Guest Brigton Derry Boy
Oh go on, you can't leave us hanging like that....... :o

I could have phrased it better. Just to be clear, I was only refering to opening bacon. I have not done anything nasty to my ex. Yet.

More of a question than something that gets on my nerves. Why when farting in the bath does it smell worse than norm?

Bad guess but could those bubbles of joy have some sort of chemical reaction with our friend H2O?

Broke up with my girlfriend today and last night I lost my phone (which i have just discovered has been found by Kylesons' mate) as well as absolutely wrecking my hand in a fight with my wall. Woke up on the kitchen floor with a kitchen knife in my hand, no idea why.