The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England were all out for 227, they've bowled much better at the start of the Aussie second innings with Anderson getting 2-10 from 10 overs. England really need to try and produce genuine fast bowlers or they are always going to struggle in Australia.

Woakes gets Warner to edge one to slip where Root snaffles it. 41-3, lead by 256.

Looked like Anderson had got Smith absolutely plumb lbw, which was given. I'm sure even Smith and Handscomb thought he was out but they went fir the review just through desperation, and were lucky as the ball pitched outside leg by a bawhair.

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Looked like Anderson had got Smith absolutely plumb lbw, which was given. I'm sure even Smith and Handscomb thought he was out but they went fir the review just through desperation, and were lucky as the ball pitched outside leg by a bawhair.

No idea why that wasn't umpire's call.

Think Smith made a huge blunder not putting England in again. Still a huge task for England to win from here but the game could have been as good as done if England had batted and lost a few wickets tonight.

It looks that way, however bear in mind England will be under the lights tomorrow and Wednesday, I think that is what Smith was thinking.

It looks that way, however bear in mind England will be under the lights tomorrow and Wednesday, I think that is what Smith was thinking.

Possibly, as I said even the lead just now will be a tough one for England to chase down, never mind if Australia manage to add another 75-100 tomorrow. Still can't see anything other than an Aussie win from here tbh.

36 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I thought this test was four days as other day/night test matches have been but Phil Tuffnell just remarked on the BBC app about it being five???

As yet there's no such thing as a four day test.

The first trial begins on Boxing Day in South Africa.

SSN reporting that Alex Hales can now be considered for England selection as he is no longer considered a suspect in the incident in Bristol. Question is, would he be welcome? Reports at the time suggested that he pretty much left Stokes in the lurch, went back to the team hotel and didn't mention the incident to anyone, and by the time Strauss found out Hales had already fucked off and was playing golf miles away.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

SSN reporting that Alex Hales can now be considered for England selection as he is no longer considered a suspect in the incident in Bristol. Question is, would he be welcome? Reports at the time suggested that he pretty much left Stokes in the lurch, went back to the team hotel and didn't mention the incident to anyone, and by the time Strauss found out Hales had already fucked off and was playing golf miles away.

As I understood it, he went back to the hotel to tell Stokes' side of the story.  He's in the video telling him "enough, Stokesy".  I may well be misremembering, but he didn't seem to have done very much wrong at all.   

I still think Stokes will play in the Ashes, FWIW.