Golfers Thread

Gaz

All of the premium balls scuff up pretty badly tbh (although not as badly as the old Balata balls of the 80's and 90's...) - if I get 3 rounds out of a TP5 or a ProVI without some form of scuffing I reckon I'm not hitting the ball hard enough...

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I should probably say that I’m not having a dig at anyone for using a “cheaper ball” as it might be better for their game/circumstances/finances. I’d love to buy a dozen proV 1s every month but it’s not financially viable for me. In fact the majority of premium balls in my bag have been found on the course. 

You probably all know about this, but for any gamblers out there you can link your BET365 or BETFRED accounts to your Rewards4Golf account and if you gamble as much as me then you can build up a tidy sum every month which you can then exchange for voucher codes from Clubhouse Golf, Affordable Golf, American Golf, Online Golf and a few others.

Clubhouse are currently doing a dozen 2020 Pro v's for £37 or £36 if buying 2 dozen so if you have a wee £10 or £15 voucher to add to it, it works out not too bad.

Does anyone know what time the gates open for the Scottish Open next week? We're going up on the Thursday but I cannot see the times anywhere.

Looks like 7am each day, info on the European Tour website.

All of the premium balls scuff up pretty badly tbh (although not as badly as the old Balata balls of the 80's and 90's...) - if I get 3 rounds out of a TP5 or a ProVI without some form of scuffing I reckon I'm not hitting the ball hard enough...
Remember the old Maxfli HT100 Tour Balatas? One mishit and they were fucked. I had to stop using them as I had a Tom Watson Cobalt Wedge which absolutely shredded them. Titleist Professionals were a revelation when they came out.

26 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
On 01/07/2021 at 17:27, funky_nomad said:

Remember the old Maxfli HT100 Tour Balatas? One mishit and they were fucked. I had to stop using them as I had a Tom Watson Cobalt Wedge which absolutely shredded them. Titleist Professionals were a revelation when they came out.

Indeed. Those Maxflis were for people made of money.

I was a Z-Balata man (boy) - the only good ball Top Flite ever made.

Anyone else grow up on commandos and  orange and yellow pro ams? 
Yep, anyone complaining about scuffing a ball never used a Penfold Commando, that was the least of your worries with them. Catch it thin and it would invariably split into two.

I see Sungae Im and Si Woo Kim have both pulled out of the Open to concentrate on preparing for the Olympics. Both of them need to win a medal to avoid doing their compulsory national service.

15 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bryson misses the cut at the Rocket Mortgage classic. Lol.

Russell Knox is 2 off the lead on -8.

The cut was at -3, with 63 players on that score or better. 96 players were under par.

Not a good look for Bryson as he has also  refused to do any interviews at his major sponsors tournament