Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If that's not an omen for a glorious week for Scottish sport I don't know what is. 

Knox to fire a 62 tonight and then Scotland to put 4 past Serbia. 

Maybe...

Knox has sadly just  double bogeyed the 6th and is one over for the round. It'll be a hell of a 62.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Nice back 9 of 3 under for Knox. Currently tied 15th and projected to be into top 50 of FedEx rankings. Looks to be putting really nicely.

Good to see him get another top 20, especially in a strong field.. He was always a consistent player when he was top 100 and it's good to see him showing signs of getting back to that. 

Good to see him get another top 20, especially in a strong field.. He was always a consistent player when he was top 100 and it's good to see him showing signs of getting back to that. 

Agreed. He went from being the guy who hardly ever missed a cut to having a real struggle. He made 18th in the World Rankings in 2016 so he clearly has the game. Be really good to see him come up the rankings again. As I’ve said before he really comes across as one of the good guys.

19 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Agreed. He went from being the guy who hardly ever missed a cut to having a real struggle. He made 18th in the Workd Rankings in 2016 so he clearly has the game. Be really good to see him come up the rankings again. As I’ve said before he really comes across as one of the good guys.

Hopefully seeing Laird win after such a long gap will have spurred him on. 

Things maybe looking up for them both after a trying couple of years. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

DeChambeau absolutely tearing up Augusta from the tips in a practice round. Regularly using a sand wedge for his approach on par 4s and high irons for approach on par 5s.

I’m seriously worried he’ll win it.

I heard Rob Lee mention this on Sky last night. The biggest club he's had for a second shot on a par 5 was 7 iron on the 8th apparently.

If he is reasonably accurate off the tee and gets a bit of luck when he misses then he'll win almost certainly.

If he's unlucky he could easily run up the doubles and triples though.

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

DeChambeau absolutely tearing up Augusta from the tips in a practice round. Regularly using a sand wedge for his approach on par 4s and high irons for approach on par 5s.

I’m seriously worried he’ll win it.

Saw that Faldo came out in support of him today, which is just another reason to hate him tbh.