Rugby Union

kiwififer

Great win away yesterday for Glasgow, two of the tougher fixtures to kick off the campaign and two wins so no complaints. Pyrgos seems to be a good steady scrum half and i'm sure he'll improve with increased game time.

Applied for some world cup tickets, disappointed with some of the pricing. Top band pricing for the game against South Africa is £175, thats almost as much as my season ticket at scotstoun!

The tickets for the last one in New Zealand were cheaper. And that was even with them using smaller stadiums.

Great win away yesterday for Glasgow, two of the tougher fixtures to kick off the campaign and two wins so no complaints. Pyrgos seems to be a good steady scrum half and i'm sure he'll improve with increased game time.

Applied for some world cup tickets, disappointed with some of the pricing. Top band pricing for the game against South Africa is £175, thats almost as much as my season ticket at scotstoun!

England ripping the pish with money- there's a surprise :rolleyes:

I applied for the games against Japan and Samoa. Cat c tickets for both games, Can't justify paying more than that for those games! Also around that time would be renewing or have already renewed the season ticket for Glasgow and more than likely the Scotland pass for Murrayfield.

Glasgow beat NG Dragons 13 (3) - 33 (13). THey had to play most of the 2nd half with 14 men as Tyrone Holmes was sent off at the start of the half

Another great win, especially bagging a bonus point too. They now face Connacht on Friday at Scotstoun, which would probably have seemed an unlikely top of the table clash at the start of the season.

Edinburgh smashed to bits today by the Ospreys. 62-13! Embarrassing stuff from them.

The try where Visser kicked on was nice. But yeah, that is awful.

Glasgow look such a good balanced team. Nice depth too, but not sure about Pyrgos at scrum half still.

That was an excellent win given the 14 men for 40mins and injuries to Strauss and Matawalu forcing changes.

Thought the refereeing was a joke, TMO ignored the build-up to the incident and I don't think it was a stamp. Not to mention the time Matawalu was one-on-one kicked through and was tackled late, without the ball and nothing was given! Didn't even use the TMO to check.

Pyrgos is steady at scrum half, bit more balanced and predictable than Niko. I think Glasgow need that, they had it with Cusiter and in time I think Pyrgos will improve to become as good as Cusiter was for Glasgow.

Edinburgh have become a joke, stuffed with Southern Hemisphere journeymen. Solomans all last season blamed poor performances on the lack of time pre season with the squad and not having the right players. This is his squad now.

The SRU need to correct what's going on there, both pro sides are supposed to groom players for the step up to international level. Edinburgh only had 5 scots born players in yesterday's squad.

Currently nobody from Edinburgh would get a game for Glasgow or should they get a starting spot for Scotland.

I think Edinburgh have suffered with injuries (I think Scott and Denton are out at the moment and visser is just back), but on the whole its not good enough.

Although 3 or 4 years ago the best you would hope from the 2 scottish teams would be mid table, so it is maybe more that Glasgow are punching way above expectations rather than Edinburgh doing badly. Although saying that Glasgow seem to be picking up all the good young Scottish talent coming through (Finn Russell, Adam Ashe etc) whereas Im not excited by a single young player at Edinburgh. Whether thats better coaching at youth levels I dont know, but there have been a few occasions lately where Edinburgh have released players (Allan this summer a good exaple) and Glasgow have signed them and they've looked good.

I think another point is that success breeds success. As Glasgow have done well, they have had more TV exposure (used to be 50/50 on games on Alba, now it seems exclusively Glasgow, unless they are away somewhere they cant get the filmed), the crowds have increased, so they have more to invest in better players.

I think Edinburgh have suffered with injuries (I think Scott and Denton are out at the moment and visser is just back), but on the whole its not good enough.

Although 3 or 4 years ago the best you would hope from the 2 scottish teams would be mid table, so it is maybe more that Glasgow are punching way above expectations rather than Edinburgh doing badly. Although saying that Glasgow seem to be picking up all the good young Scottish talent coming through (Finn Russell, Adam Ashe etc) whereas Im not excited by a single young player at Edinburgh. Whether thats better coaching at youth levels I dont know, but there have been a few occasions lately where Edinburgh have released players (Allan this summer a good exaple) and Glasgow have signed them and they've looked good.

I think another point is that success breeds success. As Glasgow have done well, they have had more TV exposure (used to be 50/50 on games on Alba, now it seems exclusively Glasgow, unless they are away somewhere they cant get the filmed), the crowds have increased, so they have more to invest in better players.

I wouldn't say Glasgow are punching above expectation. Year on year they have improved, league position shows that 4th, 3rd, 2nd. I'd say they are exactly where they should be, expected to finish in the top 2 or 3 come the seasons end. A good mix of Scottish or scots qualified players and the Fijians have worked well for them. The move to scotstoun also helped galvanise the whole club, a proper home base rather than sharing with Thistle as they had been.

Edinburgh need gutting out from top to bottom. A move from murrayfield wouldn't do them any harm either.

I would say the last few season you would expect glasgow to be a play off contender come the end of the season, but when the celtic league was set up, up to say 4 years ago, the expectations were that glasgow and edinburgh would be mid table, probably being proped up by the italians and Connaught, as most likely during that period everyone else would expect the big 3 Irish and the 4 Welsh sides to finish above the 2 Scottish sides.

It does make a change though with Glasgow who you would expect to beat or run close anyone in the league, i just hope they can bring that form to Europe this year as the have been dismay every season. Like last year, cant remember the last time they lost to Cardiff in the league, yet come the European games and they lost twice