Rugby Union

kiwififer

53 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I'm watching this and wondering. Huw Jones, is he in a bad run of form or has he maybe just been found out and not as good as we all thought all along?  

I'm obviously hoping for the former. 

Still not bad

Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

Glasgow could have had a penalty for the second last ruck, with Scarlets having bodies all over the place, but ultimately they didn't deserve to get anything tonight. Really poor for at least three quarters of the match.

If Thomson kicks the conversion we win the game. To be fair he had a few decent performances last year, and many a time Finn and Hogg would blast a kick off straight into touch in the same massively annoying vein.

1 minute ago, Snobot said:

If Thomson kicks the conversion we win the game. To be fair he had a few decent performances last year, and many a time Finn and Hogg would blast a kick off straight into touch in the same massively annoying vein.

But they made up for it in open play. Thomson's kicking has been terrible and he's pish with the ball in hand. And a poor defender.

They were far better when Dobie came on. He needs to start next week against Cardiff. McDonald was good. If Davidson is fit they could be a decent combo.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

But they made up for it in open play. Thomson's kicking has been terrible and he's pish with the ball in hand. And a poor defender.

They were far better when Dobie came on. He needs to start next week against Cardiff. McDonald was good. If Davidson is fit they could be a decent combo.

Totally agree about Dobie. It’s just a bit disconcerting watching Glasgow getting slapped about 2 weeks on the trot having followed the irresistible rise since about 2011 when we’d do to other good teams what the Cheetahs did to us las week.

Totally agree about Dobie. It’s just a bit disconcerting watching Glasgow getting slapped about 2 weeks on the trot having followed the irresistible rise since about 2011 when we’d do to other good teams what the Cheetahs did to us las week.
Obviously players missing on WC duty, but those 2 performances give me the fear for when the next lot of internationals come around. I know it happens every year, but those 2 performances were nowhere near what previous squads were capable of during international windows.

I really can't see how they could single out just one of the two Italians for the tip tackle this morning, both players looked equally culpable. Just catching up with the highlights just now.
9 times out of 10 the in that situation the ref will send of the player that initiated the tackle.

The first half was a bore-fest but we kept it tight and got our noses in front 2nd half. However we lost the 1st try then discipline went to pot. Unpopular opinion, but while the 9/10 last night are no G. Horne/Hastings, they're world class compared to the Hart/Clegg dream team from Toony's final season. 

Two decent tries to get us back in the game. Had we won at the end it would've been robbery so Scarlets deserved the win.

I'm in the west stand so didn't hear what was said behind the posts but after their 2nd try Peter Wright on the TV spoke about leadership issues apparently? We have another chance next Sat night when Cardiff Blues visit. If we lose 3 in a row then it'll be European trips to Germany next season...

Edited by come on shire

23 minutes ago, come on shire said:

The first half was a bore-fest but we kept it tight and got our noses in front 2nd half. However we lost the 1st try then discipline went to pot. Unpopular opinion, but while the 9/10 last night are no G. Horne/Hastings, they're world class compared to the Hart/Clegg dream team from Toony's final season. 

Two decent tries to get us back in the game. Had we won at the end it would've been robbery so Scarlets deserved the win.

I'm in the west stand so didn't hear what was said behind the posts but after their 2nd try Peter Wright on the TV spoke about leadership issues apparently? We have another chance next Sat night when Cardiff Blues visit. If we lose 3 in a row then it'll be European trips to Germany next season...

I dont know who is suppose to be captain, but from the bits and pieces I saw it was Fagerson doing all the talking during breaks in play. As has been said we've lost more players during 6N / AI's without much drop off in performance. ON thompson i think he's a decenet player, just doesn't suit the style of play. I wonder if swapping him and Jackson round would be a good move as Thompson has played well at 15 previously.

Having watched the Russia games, we should be looking at trying to sign their openside, he looked imense against Ireland.