What Are You Drinking ?

36 minutes ago, spud131 said:

I think that Brewdog have become the Kings of Leon of the beer world, were really good when they first started out, maybe lost abit of their magic as they've become more popular and mainstream to the point that it's now fashionable to say you don't like them.

I don’t think their beers have ever been that good, but they’ve absolutely nailed it with their marketing efforts.

On 23/05/2020 at 16:17, Adam said:

There was actually two Heineken out of line.

Draught beer is better than anything else, surely no question?

In normal circumstances you'd be right but where I am the draught beer is poor - It's not so common so they don't seem to handle it as well as they should.  

Was tempted to do the same recently but read stories about it being a hassle trying to cancel with them.
Quite like the Galway Bay beers I’ve tried. The bars of theirs I visited on trips to Galway and Zebulon had pretty decent selections.
I didn't even phone them. I sent an email asking them to close my account. They emailed back to not a problem and that was that

12 hours ago, hk blues said:

In normal circumstances you'd be right but where I am the draught beer is poor - It's not so common so they don't seem to handle it as well as they should.  

I find in most countries the draught is just for the tourists, if there aren't many it's poor and overpriced.

I've been drinking some of the Innis and Gunn range. Really like the Gunpowder one but usually just the 'green' cans that we have in the house. Also been drinking Hop House a bit...lockdown isn't helping 😄

Don't judge me too harshly but when I was in the states on holiday we used to get Bud Light Lime for poolside and I really liked it. As you can't get that here for some reason, any ideas of something that would be similar that  could try? I had a couple of citrus IPAs but they're not quite the same? Any help appreciated! 

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Alright, this had better be good - 

20200526_114726.thumb.jpg.6221322cfc8da92e75435c2bfc33ca32.jpg

I've never had that particular one - I don't think I've ever had a genuinely terrible Chianti though!

24 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Alright, this had better be good - 

20200526_114726.thumb.jpg.6221322cfc8da92e75435c2bfc33ca32.jpg

Really like that one. Can't ask any more of a bottle you get for £6 either .

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

This month’s delivery.

A3EC4F79-164E-4BCA-BB2E-245F35A5A9F4.jpeg

They’ve gone for some oddballs this month.  Sterling work. I’m not expecting mine to last long. That LGBTQ Take Up Space one sounds lovely.  The Stroud Brewery one is excellent, too.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

This month’s delivery.

A3EC4F79-164E-4BCA-BB2E-245F35A5A9F4.jpeg

Only had the Tea Party and Oats of Disobedience so far, the Oats was standard (i.e. pretty good) but the Tea Party went down dangerously easy for a 6.5% so maybe just as well that there was only one of them...

Have you only just received your beer box? Had mine a couple of weeks, keep getting distracted by Morrison's having Northern Monk's It's Great Up North at £2 for a 440ml can.

3 hours ago, ParsJake said:

Only had the Tea Party and Oats of Disobedience so far, the Oats was standard (i.e. pretty good) but the Tea Party went down dangerously easy for a 6.5% so maybe just as well that there was only one of them...

Have you only just received your beer box? Had mine a couple of weeks, keep getting distracted by Morrison's having Northern Monk's It's Great Up North at £2 for a 440ml can.

This is my second. Might have a wee taster during my poker game tonight.