What Are You Drinking ?

1 minute ago, Bold Rover said:

I buy a lot of Spanish wine, mostly reds - Rioja, Carinena, others - from the mass market delivering companies. It's nearly always screwtop. And excellent, quality and value.

Maybe different rules for export, in Spanish supermarkets it's nearly all corked. Have had it delivered from Spain before by https://www.vinissimus.co.uk/en/ , some good bargains btw even after delivery costs, and it's all been corked.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe different rules for export, in Spanish supermarkets it's nearly all corked. Have had it delivered from Spain before by https://www.vinissimus.co.uk/en/ , some good bargains btw even after delivery costs, and it's all been corked.

Seems to be a mixed message regarding corks and screw tops , I haven't noticed a difference in taste and quality between them .

I think corks allow the wine to breathe a little whilst sealed, whereas you don’t get that as much with screw top as it’s a tighter seal. So for reds cork might be better, but tbh I never notice a huge difference. There’s something nice about a cork though, particularly that delightful sounds when you first remove it.

A lot of ire directed to Brewdog on this website. Any particular reason?  (Apart from jealousy of their success)

I wondered if anyone would answer with thoughts similar to myself but I haven’t seen anything.
Brewdog started up claiming to be a small company etc. fair enough. It got in a bit of bother from another company and claimed the other company was just trying to oppose any competition. Once established, brewdog have threatened at least two smaller companies...not very small start up supportive attitude is it? Hypocritical c***s.
They’ve claimed a couple of times to have made the strongest beers ever, never have they.
They market themselves as a progressive, equality promoting company but released a pink beer for women...do guys not like pink? Do women not like other colours?
Again, they still market themselves to be a small company, built by and for the ordinary, member of public shareholders...they sold part the company for £200 odd million and own a fucking jet.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

I wondered if anyone would answer with thoughts similar to myself but I haven’t seen anything.
Brewdog started up claiming to be a small company etc. fair enough. It got in a bit of bother from another company and claimed the other company was just trying to oppose any competition. Once established, brewdog have threatened at least two smaller companies...not very small start up supportive attitude is it? Hypocritical c***s.
They’ve claimed a couple of times to have made the strongest beers ever, never have they.
They market themselves as a progressive, equality promoting company but released a pink beer for women...do guys not like pink? Do women not like other colours?
Again, they still market themselves to be a small company, built by and for the ordinary, member of public shareholders...they sold part the company for £200 odd million and own a fucking jet.

I just like the taste of their beers

9 hours ago, spud131 said:
9 hours ago, centralTon said:
The only time I've ever tried it on draught was in a Scottish themed bar in Los Angeles, it was really nice.
Got a delivery from Drygate yesterday.
Fourteen Peaks - 7.5% version of their Seven Peaks,
Sugar Shack Moose Attack - 6.5% Maple Wheat Beer,
Double Orinoco - 9% Imperial Milkshake Stout.
Only tried the Orinoco, excellent, quite heavy with really dark chocolate aftertaste more than a couple would be overkill tbh.

I'm interested to hear what the maple wheat beer is like!

Right, difficult one. Started off smelling and tasting like a "Rauchbier", but mellowed after a while. Heavy Maple Syrup flavour, but typical Wheat traits, turned out to be quite pleasant.