What Are You Drinking ?

On 02/02/2021 at 10:49, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

This thread inspired me to go online and find some Overtone. Annoyingly I may need to drive tonight, so I'll have to wait and find out what they're like!

IMG_20210202_104724.jpeg

Can ye west is very nice and unusually clear for them. 

Personally I couldn't justify £5.80 for it (or any can of beer), I think they priced it wrong where I got it as it was about £2 cheaper. 

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This thread has convinced me to head to Leith tonight in search of Overtone. Will probably just take a selection of whatever they’ve got IPA/NEIPA wise.

Leith is beyond me but I am seriously tempted to put in an order to their website. I cant even remember if I have had any of their gear. Think maybe I have. Either way, its inspired my next brew too, as a f**k ton of tropical hops are coming to my house tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Can ye west is very nice and unusually clear for them. 

Personally I couldn't justify £5.80 for it (or any can of beer), I think they priced it wrong where I got it as it was about £2 cheaper. 

The overtones I've been buying are in 3.50 to 5.50 . I just pick a random one.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Reissdorf Kolsch golden version. 10/10 love this stuff, crispy fresh taste. The normal Kolsch version is one of the best there is but the golden stuff is great for a chilled, enjoyable beer.

image.png.22bbc4d75666dba7bbe83dae4d9d0de8.png

Kölsch is possibly my favourite beer style. I don't know any place in Scotland that sells it though. Outside of Germany I've only ever had it in Liverpool  and Manchester.

The first time I went to Germany I was in Cologne. I ordered a beer and I was asked if I wanted a small or a large. I opted for large, expecting a huge Oktoberfest style stein. Imagine my surprise when the "large" turned out to be a tiny test tube. 

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Reissdorf Kolsch golden version. 10/10 love this stuff, crispy fresh taste. The normal Kolsch version is one of the best there is but the golden stuff is great for a chilled, enjoyable beer.

What is the difference?

5 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Kölsch is possibly my favourite beer style. I don't know any place in Scotland that sells it though. Outside of Germany I've only ever had it in Liverpool  and Manchester.

The first time I went to Germany I was in Cologne. I ordered a beer and I was asked if I wanted a small or a large. I opted for large, expecting a huge Oktoberfest style stein. Imagine my surprise when the "large" turned out to be a tiny test tube. 

Yeah here they serve it in much smaller glasses in the pubs, they say they drink it faster though and therefore always drinking fresh beer instead of having a huge flat beer. I'm normally a bottle drinker so not bothered either way. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

What is the difference?

The "yellow" version to me at least tastes a bit sweeter and sits a little lighter in the stomach. 

The "normal" Reissdorf Kolsch is one of the best though, it's up there with Gilden and Gaffel. 

Kölsch is superb. When I was a teenager, my neighbours stayed in Köln and came back to Scotland now and then to visit relatives and play golf.

The reward for keeping an eye on the empty flat was Früh Kölsch and bars of Milka chocolate.

Just now, Craig the Hunter said:

Thats a cracking beer, very decent wee brewery

Agree, bought it as bit of a novelty to support a club sponsor at start of lockdown. And liked it so much I've had a few cases of different beers from them!

3 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Mine came today as well. I didn't get a discount voucher with it though....

Same with mine. Think they jumped the gun with their deliveries a bit. I got an email saying it was about to be despatched a little earlier than expected and it turned up an hour later at the door. Got an email nearly a week later with yodel tracking information for the delivery already made.

The 20% off card was missing and the scan thing for planting a free hadn't been activated yet so makes me think there were issues with their logistics.