Quick Question Thread

Guess it depends what's in the T&Cs of the course offered by the company.

Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course. Accepted forms of ID are government issued photographic identification e.g. Passport, Driving Licence

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Also, I was on a training course today which required passport or driver's licence as formal ID, and they called me up on it because it expires in just less than six months. This Aberdeen based course has fcuk all to do with travel but the admin person was saying "I'm entitled to refuse that and send you home" even though I'm presenting a passport which hasn't passed it's given expiry date.

Is she entitled to refuse this or would it have been kick in the pie time had she done so?

Sounds like some fuckwit has been watching some travel programme and thinks they are a border guard,kick the f**k out of the pie

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course. Accepted forms of ID are government issued photographic identification e.g. Passport, Driving Licence

My gut instinct was right, boot in the pie is appropriate action.  Your passport, while having less than 6 months to go, is in date, and therefore valid.

Got a second course with same company on Thursday. Might borrow some steel toecaps for then.

Seriously considering printing out their T&Cs / registration notes to ram down their throats if the other one tries this and doesn't budge. Bound to be some legal threat to throw at them in such a case.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Also, I was on a training course today which required passport or driver's licence as formal ID, and they called me up on it because it expires in just less than six months. This Aberdeen based course has fcuk all to do with travel but the admin person was saying "I'm entitled to refuse that and send you home" even though I'm presenting a passport which hasn't passed it's given expiry date.

Is she entitled to refuse this or would it have been kick in the pie time had she done so?

Mine runs out next year and I'm going to apply for my renewal as soon as possible, they add up to nine months on expiry if you apply early. Also I think a member of the EU passport will get less scrutiny after Brexit by lazy EU border control. There's talk about switching back to the dark blue one.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/sep/04/uk-passport-renewal-cost

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Sounds like some fuckwit has been watching some travel programme and thinks they are a border guard,kick the f**k out of the pie

That's exactly what I thought, there's no way she's right. 

I'd be asking her where she got that information from and to speak to her supervisor in front of her. Then I'd be taking a 10 yard run up and delivering a swift volley to the peh.

I got ID'd in a pub once and she said she shouldn't be serving me because my passport was out of date. I'm not trying to leave the country. It doesn't invalidate my proof of my date of birth. In this case it doesn't mean you aren't you, and assuming it's not the secret service you were on a course for it's nonsense that it would make a difference.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In the Tobey Macguire Spiderman films why was Aunt May an old as f**k granny?

Pretty sure in the comics, there was a huge age gap between Uncle Ben and Peter's dad, in which case it would make sense for Ben's wife to be older too.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Pretty sure in the comics, there was a huge age gap between Uncle Ben and Peter's dad, in which case it would make sense for Ben's wife to be older too.

You know I am beginning to think there are real flaws in the whole story.

For a start,  I can't believe that being bitten by a radioactive spider is suddenly going to give you superhuman powers.

I'm getting a parcel from Manchester, delivered from UPS. It was checked in at Dundee at half 8 this morning yet isn't due to reach me until Thursday night. Is that normal?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm getting a parcel from Manchester, delivered from UPS. It was checked in at Dundee at half 8 this morning yet isn't due to reach me until Thursday night. Is that normal?

That UPS office is strange. Took me about 2 weeks to get a delivery issue sorted. You'd be as well just asking if you can pick it up from the depot there (in the industrial estate beside Myrekirk Asda) which is what I eventually did. Online reviews for UPS are not kind.

Edited by DA Baracus

14 hours ago, Fullerene said:

You know I am beginning to think there are real flaws in the whole story.

For a start,  I can't believe that being bitten by a radioactive spider is suddenly going to give you superhuman powers.

whatever happened to the spider?

G-Bo

That UPS office is strange. Took me about 2 weeks to get a delivery issue sorted. You'd be as well just asking if you can pick it up from the depot there (in the industrial estate beside Myrekirk Asda) which is what I eventually did. Online reviews for UPS are not kind.

Seems made. Taken less than 24 hours to get from Manchester to Dundee. Then 48 hours from Dundee to Perth

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems made. Taken less than 24 hours to get from Manchester to Dundee. Then 48 hours from Dundee to Perth

Aye there are a lot of stories like that. They just make it up I think. They're dodgy as f**k. Just pick it up yourself if you can, as it will save you a lot of hassle.

Aye there are a lot of stories like that. They just make it up I think. They're dodgy as f**k. Just pick it up yourself if you can, as it will save you a lot of hassle.

I've no idea where it is. Left Dundee an d hasn't checked in anywhere since.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no idea where it is. Left Dundee an d hasn't checked in anywhere since.

I'm off down Manc in a couple of weeks, want me to pick you up another one? What is it btw?

G-Bo