Quick Question Thread

43 minutes ago, philpy said:

In Glasgow next weekend,  looking to go somewhere decent on Saturday for a pizza. Any good recommendations??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://republicbierhalle.com/%23food&ved=2ahUKEwjPoI_j3o72AhUGT8AKHQbMAhcQhAd6BAgeEAE&usg=AOvVaw0IndyZdBw8WYDyZ-5t1SX-

15 hours ago, philpy said:

In Glasgow next weekend,  looking to go somewhere decent on Saturday for a pizza. Any good recommendations??

La Vita on George Square is dead easy if your getting the train. 

Or Paesano on Miller Street if you like it busy and expensive. 

Paesano is the correct answer. I didn't think the pizza was particularly expensive. It was absolutely fantastic as well.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s a challenge! I’ve never even been put on the canvas, though I’ve not trained for about six months and feel like an old codger now so it’s a possibility. 

ETA: Venue booked... 

SHA180198_11.thumb.jpg.b45292922013a0fe71fcd17263d57382.jpg

Edited by tamthebam

On 18/02/2022 at 17:03, Ya Bezzer! said:

I was telling the other half tales of my youth grifting at pool tables and it occurred to me that I can't even remember the last time I saw a pool table in a bar or pub.

Anyone know any in the Glasgow area as she now wants to go play pool in a boozy environment.

Drury Street has a few tables at the back. Decent pints and food as well.

10 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Booked la vita. Been before but forgot about the place 😂

Any idea why police Scotland are still in the 1980s in terms of paying their speeding fines? Cheque or postal order.

If it's just too be awkward then I quite like it. When you get notice of the fine they don't include a stamped address envelope or easy way to admit your guilt. It needs to be done in writing. Old school.

Part of me admires their level if shit-housery here (as annoying as it fucking is).

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Any idea why police Scotland are still in the 1980s in terms of paying their speeding fines? Cheque or postal order.

If it's just too be awkward then I quite like it. When you get notice of the fine they don't include a stamped address envelope or easy way to admit your guilt. It needs to be done in writing. Old school.

Part of me admires their level if shit-housery here (as annoying as it fucking is).

Don't you pay them at Sheriff Courts now?

Anyway my inner Judge Dredd says don't speed if you don't want to be inconvenienced. 

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Aye. Got done early in the pandemic for parking on a double yellow by a Central Scotland WPC (are they even still a thing?) (a solid 9/10 wid btw) and it was the old school Central Scotland Police ticket payable by cheque or postal order only.

I’m thinking it’s just the backlog of old format tickets that they’re working their way through before they get to the new Poileas Alba ones that’ll likely do it by chip n pin. Clearly we’re a more God-fearing, law-abiding citizenship than our masters fear. 

Maybe @Inanimate Carbon Rod will confirm. 

Edited by alta-pete

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Aye. Got done early in the pandemic for parking on a double yellow by a Central Scotland WPC (are they even still a thing?) (a solid 9/10 wid btw) and it was the old school Central Scotland Police ticket payable by cheque or postal order only.

I’m thinking it’s just the backlog of old format tickets that they’re working their way through before they get to the new Poileas Alba ones that’ll likely do it by chip n pin. Clearly we’re a more God-fearing, law-abiding citizenship than our masters fear. 

Maybe @Inanimate Carbon Rod will confirm. 

Maybe something to do with having to have your licence endorsed or something? Dont know how it works in the courts in central as its actually them you pay not the police, they dont collect the fines, but that said pretty sure you can go to the court and pay in person, at least in Strathclyde you can. 

55 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Maybe something to do with having to have your licence endorsed or something? Dont know how it works in the courts in central as its actually them you pay not the police, they dont collect the fines, but that said pretty sure you can go to the court and pay in person, at least in Strathclyde you can. 

I had to take my old paper license into Inverness Castle for a clerk to scribble down the endorsement for speeding. Paid in cash I think. Surprising they haven't switched to online by now.