Quick Question Thread

Looking for a restaurant/pub for a family reunion evening meal at Easter in Broughty Ferry, does anyone who knows the area have any suggestions. There’ll be about 25 of us and we’ll have done some ashes shaking a couple of hours before so not quite your average piss up. The age range of us attending is between 14 and 80.  Heard there’s a decent tapas there but not sure if suitable for all of us.

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Looking for a restaurant/pub for a family reunion evening meal at Easter in Broughty Ferry, does anyone who knows the area have any suggestions. There’ll be about 25 of us and we’ll have done some ashes shaking a couple of hours before so not quite your average piss up. The age range of us attending is between 14 and 80.  Heard there’s a decent tapas there but not sure if suitable for all of us.

Upstairs at the Ship Inn https://www.theshipinn-broughtyferry.co.uk/index.php

2 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Cheers, what do you do? Wait until low tide and wait, or wade out?

Not expecting you to know the answers btw. :)

Just make sure the wind's not blowing against you. Threw my Dad off a footbridge over the River Ness, early on a weekend morning so few people about. 

5 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Sol y Sombra is the tapas bar. Usually quite accommodating for groups. 

Meze Grill do amazing food, unsure if they'd fit you all in though. 

Indian wise, Indos is nice - may be the same as Meze though due to lay out. Bombay Joe's would take you all no bother. 

Pizza revolution might be worth a look, too. 

Probably more of a support question, but is there a chance all the league-type threads (wordle, the quiz, chess) could be given their own sub forum?

Means people who can't be fucked with them can avoid them easily, they don't fill up GN, and they can be easily found by the competitors when @Tynie Wopsle randomly pins and unpins them

32 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Probably more of a support question, but is there a chance all the league-type threads (wordle, the quiz, chess) could be given their own sub forum?

Means people who can't be fucked with them can avoid them easily, they don't fill up GN, and they can be easily found by the competitors when @Tynie Wopsle randomly pins and unpins them

I already asled @Bully Wee Villa (I think) about that - he said it'd be something they'd need to ask His Royal Divliness about.

I'd have thought a subset of the Gaming forum would be appropriate, in case it upset the Hardcore Gamers.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

An extra forum for... four or five threads? If they annoy people so much they can ignore them so they don't show up.

How do you ignore threads? Been wondering that for a while.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Hmm, I thought/assumed you could. I don't see that you can. Maybe that would be a more helpful feature.

Thinking about it, I assume there must be a time limit on the threads that pop up under 'Content I Posted In', as I haven't seen the BRALT in a very long time.

Does it still exist? Can't be arsed looking for it.