Quick Question Thread

Is it possible to remove posts in WhatsApp messenger group chats to make it look like parts of the conversation never happened?
Aye but it leaves a message bubble that says this message was deleted so folk will still know there WAS something there

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, paranoid android said:
Is it possible to remove posts in WhatsApp messenger group chats to make it look like parts of the conversation never happened?

Aye but it leaves a message bubble that says this message was deleted so folk will still know there WAS something there

Aye, I've seen that before - in this case, the comments have disappeared completely. :angry:

10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Work colleagues thread for this pish, but someone at my work has started signing off emails "TIA" for "thanks in advance"

You should sign yours off "see you next Tuesday" and see if they work it out.

13 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I think I can beat all the sign offs. A colleague used to end emails with:      All good things.

Was always tempted to reply with just the lyrics of My Favourite Things.

Maybe it was his film recommendation of the week?

All Good Things is a pretty average film based on the extremely weird story of Robert Durst, who may or may not have murdered his wife, amongst others.

Ryan Gosling plays the Durst character, Kirsten Dunst plays the wife

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

All Good Things is a pretty average film based on the extremely weird story of Robert Durst, who may or may not have murdered his wife, amongst others.

He's dead; it's safe to say he was a murdering b*****d.

15 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I think I can beat all the sign offs. A colleague used to end emails with:      All good things.

Was always tempted to reply with just the lyrics of My Favourite Things.

It is also the final episode of Star Trek Next Generation, so a Picard gif would do just fine.

23 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I miss Milky Gem.

Without context, imagine her reaction to discovering that she has a fan club of strange internet men who refer to her as Milky Gem.

Div would be getting another call from the Daily Record and/or the polis.

19 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Is there a name for that thing where you blow through your lips to make a “pwpwpwpwpwpw” sound , sort of halfway between a raspberry and an exasperated sigh?

This has been annoying me.

Boringly it seems the best anyone can up with is the pppp sound. The French do a lot of it so they might have a name for it.