Quick Question Thread

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Some local papers do a decent job, the Press and Journal and Inverness Courier up here, but not till Monday and Tuesday respectively.

Which is such a shame if the small papers can do it then surely the big papers can, most papers do a Scottish edition of the paper and yet it will be rammed with content from England which I (and I assume many others) have absolutely no interest in and would much prefer to have an in-depth review of the title races in league one and two which look fascinating, however are being ignored by all the media including print.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Whilst watching the NFL tonight an advert came on for Pepsi, I cannot honestly say that I have drunk this variety of Cola.

Do any P&B'ers favour this brand above it's rival.

Yes 600ml is better than 500ml*

*only where Irn Bru isn't available.

On 21/12/2018 at 14:53, Hedgecutter said:

Nice.  Avoiding less tax than you could avoid, a dilemma for whoever's on the Pearly Gates that day.  

Eta:  On a different topic, is this a cool as f*** or terrible flower arrangement for the 30th anniversary of a plane getting blown out of the sky? I'm undecided.

_104912224_hi051282021.jpg

Really good webpage from the BBC fwiw

1.JPG.3f1cce95add14405be858f763533ef4b.JPG

Bit late for this but the flowers are from Pan am and they lay this shape of wreath every year, not just for the 30th anniversary

Whilst watching the NFL tonight an advert came on for Pepsi, I cannot honestly say that I have drunk this variety of Cola.
Do any P&B'ers favour this brand above it's rival.

I went through a Pepsi phase in my teens, but it’s like drinking syrup to me now; tastes far more sugary than Coke.

The US versions of fizzy pop are generally much more palatable than the versions we get - ours are much thicker in general. I presume theirs must have less sugar, which would be a surprising state of affairs.

Of FFS, really? I haven't seen Friday but it 'is' used in Straight Outta Compton, and I just assumed that's where it started.
I'm so fucking down wiv the yoof.

(Sorry [mention=74006]Inanimate Carbon Rod[/mention] - see above)
its from friday ice cube says it.... straight outta compton uses it also with ice cubes son so i think thats the connection.

Why kids use it now ive no fecking idea.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Some Harry Potter shit for the bairn.

Aye JK Rowling- enjoy your dirty money from merchandising inferior products that need new batteries. You should be supplying them free of charge or its "Harry Potter and the Boot in the Pie" for you. 

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Anybody got a couple of spare LR932 button batteries?

Stick in a couple of more common 1.5v ones, like the LR44s you get in absolutely everything.

Why are there so many different types of button cells that have the same voltage, but very slight differences in girth?

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Thinking about getting a basic dormer window extension onto what is currently a small 'bedroom' with a slanting wall/roof. 

Anybody know a rough figure that I should expect to pay for such extravagance? 

Seeing as no-one else has waded in to help. I think it will probably be more than a pound, probably less hassle to move house (you could move into Ibrox for a pound)