Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I remember hearing a legend about some Scotland fans chartering a submarine to go to an away game in the Faroes. Is there any truth to the tale or is it merely apocryphal?

It was the 1978 World Cup and some guys announced they were going to go to Argentina in a submarine. It never got off the ground (oh, you know what I mean).

Has anyone had their drive or garden tarmacked? Looking like the option I'll go with for mine as I prefer the look and it's supposed to be the most cost effective option. All I've read is £50-£65 per square metre. No companies are open over the Easter weekend so wondering if anyone on here had theirs done and roughly how much it cost?

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone had their drive or garden tarmacked? Looking like the option I'll go with for mine as I prefer the look and it's supposed to be the most cost effective option. All I've read is £50-£65 per square metre. No companies are open over the Easter weekend so wondering if anyone on here had theirs done and roughly how much it cost?

Use mybuilder. 

It was the 1978 World Cup and some guys announced they were going to go to Argentina in a submarine. It never got off the ground (oh, you know what I mean).
The story I remember hearing was that some folk were doing it for the Faroes game in honour of the aborted Argentina attempt.

49 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, GordonD said:

The story I remember hearing was that some folk were doing it for the Faroes game in honour of the aborted Argentina attempt.

Hadn't heard that one.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, GordonD said:
Hadn't heard that one.

It was probably just some Off the Ball nonsense from about fifteen years ago I've misremembered then.

Unless it was a money making sideline by ex-submariner Vladimir Romanov?

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Unless it was a money making sideline by ex-submariner Vladimir Romanov?

Not sure I'd want to go aboard one of his subs. I'd be afraid it would go down with no guarantee of coming back up (like Hearts).

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

How can I stop this from popping up on my browser every 2 minutes ?

IMG_0638.jpg

Download and use Opera instead. Has a built in blocker that stops that sort of shite. I used to get the same problem with Chrome on my mobile, even the ones where it made your phone vibrate.

Tried clearing cookies etc but it always came back. Never once had it whilst using Opera.