Quick Question Thread

Is there an English football website equivalent of Pie & Bovril?

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing a Burnley FC forum and wondered exactly this.

i've asked this before and there were a couple of sites that tried to encompass all english football, but they weren't particularly popular. i actually joined one of them, but in order to join you had to answer the question 'who plays at st james's park?'. took me ages to remember that it was exeter city rather than newcastle. i then started a thread asking who the box-office posters on the forum were and was promptly banned.

can't for the life of me remember what the site was called though.

Anyone know a good company from the Glasgow area that hire out big bus coaches (and driver of course) at a good price?

I've used Fairline for my wedding. Got a 49 seater for the day with driver going to Dunfermline, then onto the reception, then back to Glasgow at midnight for £400. A 33 seater was £350 and they had a smaller one again at £300.

Anyone know a good company from the Glasgow area that hire out big bus coaches (and driver of course) at a good price?

Whoever you use, make sure it ISN'T WJC Coaches of Airdrie. Robbing b*****ds took my wedding day payment in advance to drop the evening guests down to the venue and then pick them up at 1am and return them to the pick up point. They picked them up and took them to the venue, but never came back for the 1am pick up. Chased them a fair bit after the wedding, but they've done a fairly good job of vanishing.

Anyone know of a beach along the road past leuchars airbase? Remember being taken there as a kid but can't remember the name of it and fancy a beach trip this weekend

Probably West Sands in St. Andrews, or ther may be a wee beach at Tentsmuir.

Barbeque or uptown? That is the question.

And before anyone gets smart, no I can't do both

Barbecue, you can invite your friends, although you actually have to have friends, you know what scratch that, town

Edited by LC1876=)

I haven't bought football boots for a few years, so what sort of boots are suitable for both grass and artificial pitches?

I think anything but metal studs is fine. I've got plastic Nike blades and they are fine for AstroTurf, Astrograss and normal grass. I do prefer metal when on grass but I'm not going to buy two pairs of boots.

I haven't bought football boots for a few years, so what sort of boots are suitable for both grass and artificial pitches?

Molded studs for artificial.

It all depends where you play (location), as i know Powerleague pitches and Glasgow University don't let (when checked) you wear metal studs or blades, due to the damage caused to the weave of the pitch...

Most decent sport shops, show what surface each boot is suitable for

Passport renewal,am i better to take a drive through to glasgow or just do it through the post office?

i will be asking for it in a week and i have 2 passports,one is full and the other is half full so im in need of a "clean " passport for various trips later in the year as my north korean stamp doesnt help me glide through customs as do a lot of other dodgy country stamps <_<

Passport renewal,am i better to take a drive through to glasgow or just do it through the post office?

i will be asking for it in a week and i have 2 passports,one is full and the other is half full so im in need of a "clean " passport for various trips later in the year as my north korean stamp doesnt help me glide through customs as do a lot of other dodgy country stamps <_<

Do it in person. If your photo is a tenth of an inch off alignment the b*****ds will send it back and you'll waste eight or nine days waiting for that to come through.

edit: to clarify, this applies even to Check & Send, or as it should be known, Rush & Bollock It Up.

Edited by Swampy

Do it in person. If your photo is a tenth of an inch off alignment the b*****ds will send it back and you'll waste eight or nine days waiting for that to come through.

edit: to clarify, this applies even to Check & Send, or as it should be known, Rush & Bollock It Up.

Cheers,that was my train of thought aswell

How do you start off a game of dominoes? Does it have to be the highest double or can you play any? Secondly the blank does that mean you can play it on any?

Ok, (this is for singles or doubles)place all domino's face down, shuffle them around. then you give yer opponent a dom, they then give you a dom. turn them over and highest number wins the 'down' .

You can play any dom to start the game as long as you have at least one other domino with one of the numbers. For eg, play a 4:3, you must be able to play a 4 or a 3 next shot.

The blank is blank. that's it, you can't play any domino on it, just another blank.

Hope this helps :)

me to say, singles/7 doms a player

same rules apply for doubles except its 6 doms each.

in the event of no player managing to get rid of all their doms, the one with the lowest value left. wins