The New Raith Rovers Thread

Have we calmed down yet? This could be the last chance to grab some cash for next year. I fancy we will see the back of the *** and Hibs this year. Even if they are replaced by Scumfermline and Dundee United this will impact on the playing budget for next season. Who here wants to see Ray's budget cut? I say bite the bullet.

If you think about it every time in the past when we've played that mob they're followers have been in the home end because fife is full of "ra peopul"

Just giving them it from the get go will cut down on problems from the get go to an extent.

If the club want to cash in ram up the ticket prices and exploit it.

That said it is a shite situation that we have to do this but we just don't have a decent level of support anymore where rovers fans could at least match the away teams numbers.

We cant just "ramp up" the prices - you cant charge more for away fans than home fans.

Also, I just dont see why we are doing anything to overly accommodate the fans who gave our staff death threats and threatened to burn down our stadium.

Not overly happy with this decision, yes extra income is welcome but.....

We didn't do this for Hearts last year
We didn't let them have an advantage at the cup final despite the £'s
We are meant to be fighting to get into the play off's but giving away some of our home advantage

These are the same fans who threatened our board members (including Turnball Hutton who the stand is named after)
These are the same fans who threatened to burn down our stadium

Be nice to see the state of our Main stand after the Orcs cover it in the stupid Ultras stickers they put in every away stand they visit

Edited by San Starko Rover

Not overly happy with this decision, yes extra income is welcome but.....

We didn't do this for Hearts last year

We didn't let them have an advantage at the cup final despite the £'s

We are meant to be fighting to get into the play off's but giving away some of our home advantage

These are the same fans who threatened our board members (including Turnball Hutton who the stand is named after)

These are the same fans who threatened to burn down our stadium

Be nice to see the state of our Main stand after the Orcs cover it in the stupid Ultras stickers they put in every away stand they visit

TURNBULL

The money we make from this idea isn't going towards the playing budget for next season. People need to get that out their heads.

Well, it probably is in a way. If you've a financial hole (due to medical costs) that needs filled, that money has to come from somewhere. If the financial hole isn't filled, you'd have to suspect a reduction in squad budget for next season. Still, that may just mean not replacing perma-injured Craig Barr. Edited by Scary Bear

There's a lot of talk about grabbing the cash and it making good business sense.

Sorry but I have to disagree. A quick bit of extra cash is all good and well but it should never be done to the detriment of your regular clientele. In the short term you get the money but in the long term it is likely to do more damage than good. I could and would never do it for my own business.

Add to that that we will lose an element of home advantage and, after the Hibs match on 19th March we only have this plus Falkirk at home, we should be doing all we can to help maximise the chances of picking up points here.

I wonder what the reaction will be if we missed out on 4th place by a point and we look back at this match...

Medical costs?guessing our players/ club/staff are not insured?

It wouldn't be remotely close to affordable to insure players at this level against medical expenses (they have life and career insurance through the league). They also quite simply wouldn't cover pre-existing injuries like Barr's.

Well, it probably is in a way. If you've a financial hole (due to medical costs) that needs filled, that money has to come from somewhere. If the financial hole isn't filled, you'd have to suspect a reduction in squad budget for next season. Still, that may just mean not replacing perma-injured Craig Barr.

Sorry, I probably wasn't overly clear. What I'm meaning is people need to get out their heads that we're suddenly going to have money to spend on NEW players after the club goes ahead with this idea.

There's a lot of talk about grabbing the cash and it making good business sense.

Sorry but I have to disagree. A quick bit of extra cash is all good and well but it should never be done to the detriment of your regular clientele. In the short term you get the money but in the long term it is likely to do more damage than good. I could and would never do it for my own business.

Add to that that we will lose an element of home advantage and, after the Hibs match on 19th March we only have this plus Falkirk at home, we should be doing all we can to help maximise the chances of picking up points here.

I wonder what the reaction will be if we missed out on 4th place by a point and we look back at this match...

If we miss out by a point, then that'll be more to do with the one win in eleven, and counting, between October and February.

If we miss out by a point, then that'll be more to do with the one win in eleven, and counting, between October and February.

But that's in the past and can't be changed. What we should have done is try things to get as many points between now and the end of the season and this will not help matters.

I see the announcement has been made on the official site now and that season ticket holders in Main Stand will get a discount voucher for next season's season tickets so the apparent £30k windfall has already taken a hit.