The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm happy that we've got a right back, beside we'd be scunnered if we had Matthews there. As mentioned though, the questions of finances spring to mind. We were told that we'd have no budget after Skacel and McManus signed, and since then we've added Brennan and Smith though both are important given we had no replacements there.

A good deal for all involved though. Smith gets game time which keeps Hearts happy, and we get a young prospect.

5 hours ago, tigger said:

He wasn't gash though was he. Thought he had a real good game.

No he wasn't, thought he played really well and looked very comfortable there. But my point was its only a win win situation if the player is any good. It's all very well having a player with no wages coming out of the club, but if he is getting almost guaranteed a game when he is awful then that's not going to help us. 

No he wasn't, thought he played really well and looked very comfortable there. But my point was its only a win win situation if the player is any good. It's all very well having a player with no wages coming out of the club, but if he is getting almost guaranteed a game when he is awful then that's not going to help us. 

The other choices at right back are confirmed gash. He was just potentially gash. Wasn't at the game but glad to hear he looks a player.

20 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was bad enough at  Livie but at least he was out on bail at that point awating appeal. And we all know what kind of club they are anyway. I'd have expected better from a club like Raith though.

I think it's scandalous, I mean that picture of Starks Park they've used is rather old.

In all seriousness it was mentioned quite a few pages back that someone heard through the grapevine about a player being involved in the club that would probably annoy the fans so this must be it.

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I think it's scandalous, I mean that picture of Starks Park they've used is rather old.

In all seriousness it was mentioned quite a few pages back that someone heard through the grapevine about a player being involved in the club that would probably annoy the fans so this must be it.

Now that it's public knowledge I can confirm that it was indeed him but I think that was already guessed. I think he's due to be released early next year and the plan was for us to bring him in then permanently.

I really hope this does not happen and his day release with us stops asap. He has never shown any remorse for what he did and for a supposed "family club" that we are this is just not right. I've been told he was quite a disruptive influence in the Livi dressing room as well.

We all know the club directors read this forum so let's just stop this now before it get's any more embarrassing for us and think about the victim and his family here.