The New Raith Rovers Thread

Has everyone forgotten about the other young talented players that have had a much bigger impact on our team this season or is this massive hardon everyone has for Vaughan taken the attention away from them?

Matthews - by far one of our best players this season. Workhorse in the middle of the park. Scored goals, set up goals and defended, comfortable with the ball at feet and plays with a much older head on his shoulders.

Callaghan - A player with so much first team appearances he was almost a certainty to be on the team sheet every week before he got injured.

Court - played 4 games, scored 1 and set up 1!

Yes Vaughan is a talented player, he's a hot prospect for us but who do we really expect to be coming in for him? Maybe Bambino7 is enjoying lathering his back with sun cream and fighting his honour on a football forum but let's all be real here!

4 goals and a few assists for Dumbarton and half a season with us isn't really going to have too many teams salivating over him. He may well go onto become a good player in the future but we have so many promising young players that we want to stay on. Let's not forget about them.

But now you've come up with an action. Cripple the club even further and reduce the cash flow to prevent the funds being available for players...

Great plan! And when that doesn't work we can all moan on here about how shite the board are for not being able to cope with us all being petulant children cutting off our noses to spite our miserable faces. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I think Lewis is needing his boots cleaned, maybe run along and see if he's anymore titbits for you to feast on [emoji112][emoji112][emoji112]

Personally, I feel I should buy a season ticket to back the club, especially now we are in a bit of bother. However, some part of me doesn't want to.

I want to feel like I own the club. Sadly I don't have the money to buy the club. I still pay into the Raith Trust and I would buy a season ticket every year if I thought it was my club and I had a greater attachment. Maybe not explaining myself well enough, but although I care about the club there's just a bit of a missing connection.

At the moment I just feel like an occasional customer. It's nice to have a league club in the town and go to a few games, but that's about it.

Take the money I'd say! Hasn't proven much for us at all. I'd say losing Baird was worse than losing Vaughan.

Losing Baird for nothing is worse than losing Vaughan for nothing? Seriously?!?

I would say losing a player that's came right through our youth system with Vaughan's potential for nothing is worse than losing a journeyman who was only here for 2 years the first time and 6 months the second time for nothing..

And before you go on about we wouldn't lose Vaughan for nothing. We would.

We lost Bates for nothing down to our board rolling over..

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Has everyone forgotten about the other young talented players that have had a much bigger impact on our team this season or is this massive hardon everyone has for Vaughan taken the attention away from them?

Matthews - by far one of our best players this season. Workhorse in the middle of the park. Scored goals, set up goals and defended, comfortable with the ball at feet and plays with a much older head on his shoulders.

Callaghan - A player with so much first team appearances he was almost a certainty to be on the team sheet every week before he got injured.

Court - played 4 games, scored 1 and set up 1!

Yes Vaughan is a talented player, he's a hot prospect for us but who do we really expect to be coming in for him? Maybe Bambino7 is enjoying lathering his back with sun cream and fighting his honour on a football forum but let's all be real here!

4 goals and a few assists for Dumbarton and half a season with us isn't really going to have too many teams salivating over him. He may well go onto become a good player in the future but we have so many promising young players that we want to stay on. Let's not forget about them.

:lol: what a pile of shite.  I would love a to know where your hatred of Vaughan comes from. 

If you are indeed a club member trying to soften the blow of selling him you are failing and coming across as a cock. 

The  Vaughan situation just really annoys me . 

I was gutted when he got injured as he looked a  real talent and with that type of injury you never know how they will come back. 

Then after ages out injured, we only get to see him play a handful of games and  he off to Dumbarton. 

Would really like to see him stay  next season.  I think  would be good for  both of us,  he would surely play lots of games which would be good for him and I think be a standout in league one which we could do with.    

If we wanted to keep Stewart as well who he seems to suit playing with that would be fine as well and would be confident that pairing would do well in league one . 

There are lots of things that have been crap for me this season but a big one  was watching ex jambo crap and loan crap while our own decent young talent sat on bench or left club.  

Losing Baird for nothing is worse than losing Vaughan for nothing? Seriously?!?

I would say losing a player that's came right through our youth system with Vaughan's potential for nothing is worse than losing a journeyman who was only here for 2 years the first time and 6 months the second time for nothing..

And before you go on about we wouldn't lose Vaughan for nothing. We would.

We lost Bates for nothing down to our board rolling over..

Baird won us a trophy and was part of a team that almost won the First Division! Proven goal scorer for us and has done this business since for Falkirk. Vaughan has prospects but has lost a season to injury and done well for Dumbarton by scoring 4 goals and setting up a few. We've all suddenly become experts on the ins and outs on footballers contracts. We didn't lose Bates for "nothing" and I'll agree that the deal was probably not the best for the club but Vaughan has an extended contract and more first team experience than Bates did. This would mean that we would be due some kind of development fee because he's under 24 years old.

If the deal doesn't suit us then we say he has to stay. Then we will see how loyal he is, will he continue to play for us or will he "sit in the stands" in the huff as the chairman mentioned in his interview?

:lol: what a pile of shite.  I would love a to know where your hatred of Vaughan comes from. 
If you are indeed a club member trying to soften the blow of selling him you are failing and coming across as a cock. 

Now, now Bambino7 let's not resort to name calling and getting upset. There's no hatred for Vaughan, I'm just not looking at the guy through rose tinted glasses. Your obviously head over heels for your mate, but all I'm actually saying is; let's not get carried away over 1 player. There's more and arguably better players in our squad that I'd be happy to keep. Based on their performances in OUR jerseys.

8 minutes ago, Hercy said:

The  Vaughan situation just really annoys me . 

I was gutted when he got injured as he looked a  real talent and with that type of injury you never know how they will come back. 

Then after ages out injured, we only get to see him play a handful of games and  he off to Dumbarton. 

Would really like to see him stay  next season.  I think  would be good for  both of us,  he would surely play lots of games which would be good for him and I think be a standout in league one which we could do with.    

If we wanted to keep Stewart as well who he seems to suit playing with that would be fine as well and would be confident that pairing would do well in league one . 

There are lots of things that have been crap for me this season but a big one  was watching ex jambo crap and loan crap while our own decent young talent sat on bench or left club.  

He got injured again after he came back then found himself on the bench. He didn't complain about it at all (aye nae bother Hans) but was told by Locke he would be better going out on loan because he wasn't going to get the game time he required or desired and they where bringing in that tattooed p***k too.  If Hans is a coach at Raith as he claims at any level he will know Locke had his favs regardless and was backed up by club captain too.  Loan it was agreed was the best idea at the time and Lewis signed a new deal because he wanted to show loyalty to the club but I don't think it's as simple the other way around, a new deal seemed to be offered at the same wage to protect a developmental fee. Even when out on loan he came in every day for training apart from a Tuesday and Thursday and gave it his all, never an issue.

i said prior to this post I wasn't going to post on the situation until at least stuff was sorted out but this Hans chap has suggested he had a bad attitude, wasn't good enough and would be happy to sell.  This would be the same guy if he was at the game at the weekend would have seen how much the club means to Lewis, especially if he's a coach, as he private messaged me on Sunday right before ripping into him.  Registered solely to back the board and rip LV.

Well Hans, you said I would be left with egg on my face - go for it.  When you start going on about washing boots and rubbing sun cream you cross the line.  Bash on pal.  The stage is yours. 

13 minutes ago, Hercy said:

Feels like it  is someone from the club aye 

Absolutely. It reeks of a suit trying to make the fans think a player isn't that good so they won't complain when he's punted for nothing, a la Bates. Especially given when he joined the forum.

Vaughan was excellent for us, despite spending plenty of time out of his natural position and having played little football prior to signing. He was also very useful for Rovers prior to his injury, and has played little (in a farcical team) since then.

Court has came in and played well despite not setting the heather on fire during his loan spells, a fact that appears to have been overlooked.

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I get the point that we need to unite behind the club at some point and create a positive atmosphere.

However, we were only relegated 5 days ago and since then we haven't heard anything from Drysdale and our chairman is still trying to maintain they didn't make a mistake in appointing Locke. 

I think after the season we've endured we're allowed to be pissed off for more than 5 days.

I would guess that Drysdale has been told to keep out of the way and quiet

as CEO he has to do as instructed by the BoD

it is the Chairman's job to speak

10 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Baird won us a trophy and was part of a team that almost won the First Division! Proven goal scorer for us and has done this business since for Falkirk. Vaughan has prospects but has lost a season to injury and done well for Dumbarton by scoring 4 goals and setting up a few. We've all suddenly become experts on the ins and outs on footballers contracts. We didn't lose Bates for "nothing" and I'll agree that the deal was probably not the best for the club but Vaughan has an extended contract and more first team experience than Bates did. This would mean that we would be due some kind of development fee because he's under 24 years old.

If the deal doesn't suit us then we say he has to stay. Then we will see how loyal he is, will he continue to play for us or will he "sit in the stands" in the huff as the chairman mentioned in his interview?

Now, now Bambino7 let's not resort to name calling and getting upset. There's no hatred for Vaughan, I'm just not looking at the guy through rose tinted glasses. Your obviously head over heels for your mate, but all I'm actually saying is; let's not get carried away over 1 player. There's more and arguably better players in our squad that I'd be happy to keep. Based on their performances in OUR jerseys.

We didn,t lose Bates for nothing!please share with us what we got or will possibly get in the future.Our club has previous for negotiating shitey transfer deals

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

We didn,t lose Bates for nothing!please share with us what we got or will possibly get in the future.Our club has previous for negotiating shitey transfer deals

Eh, was it not Jordan Thompson on loan for the rest of the season and...ehm...Scott Roberts?

There's more and arguably better players in our squad that I'd be happy to keep.

Who? Callachan hasn't had a decent game in over a year IMO. We know he has the potential to be an excellent midfielder who can control games. He didn't do it at all in the season just past.

Court has played 4 games like you say. There is absolutely no way in knowing how he's going to be for us if he even gets offered a new deal or not.

I'll give you Matthews. He's been the only shining light in the season just past which is backed up by the stats in the games he started compared to the games he wasn't part of.

If I had to pick 2 of those to keep though. It would be Vaughan and Matthews.