The New Raith Rovers Thread

It is quite apparent that anyone involved in this season's omnishambles should be nowhere fucking near the new manager process.

I rather let the Kitman if he still has a job draw up a short list.

Someone on FanTalk suggesting Dick Campbell is getting interviewed tomorrow.....surely not [emoji23] can't write this nonsense now

6 career promotions, took Patrick out of the Second Div the season after they were relegated, took Ross County to top of the Second Div the season after they were relegated. Has a proven record and knows players, managers, agents and all of the leagues in Scotland. So far our best options have been Young who's won League 2 and Kept Albion Rovers in League 1, Aitken who's done a great job at Stranrear and Dumbarton but no experience of managing a full time squad or Craig Easton, won the East of Scotland Development League.

Don't know how I feel about this one.

6 career promotions, took Patrick out of the Second Div the season after they were relegated, took Ross County to top of the Second Div the season after they were relegated. Has a proven record and knows players, managers, agents and all of the leagues in Scotland. So far our best options have been Young who's won League 2 and Kept Albion Rovers in League 1, Aitken who's done a great job at Stranrear and Dumbarton but no experience of managing a full time squad or Craig Easton, won the East of Scotland Development League.

Cheers Eric

Super Hans or whoever you are. If you do have any influence at our club then tell Eric to get tae. Also if he has any say in a new manager then I'm holding no hope. Finally Dick Campbell get a grip the mans a Townie through and through and will not unite the board with the fans, infact he would create a bigger wedge. 

So Easton's still the clear front-runner then. :lol:

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

To be honest, Dec would be decent for us in League 1. Will probably still get a Championship club though. 

McManus tore it up for us in League 1. Mainly due to his pace ripping the utter shite out of some of the cart horse defenders when we were down there. We usually played through balls to him and teams couldn't cope with it. I think that's why he's struggled in the Championship since the defenders are going to be a lot better. I was really annoyed that he'd basically snaked Duffy last summer and took pleasure at seeing him suffer a relegation but I hope he finds his feet again and starts scoring. There's a good player in there. 

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Im pretty sure lessons have been learnt from the Bates fiasco.

As for publicly stating a desire to leave the club -

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers/lewis-vaughan-ready-to-kick-on-after-loan-success-at-dumbarton-1-4446250/amp

“I do want to try and kick on now, make a name for myself and go as high in the game as I possibly can: whether that be the Scottish Premiership or down south. With all due respect to Raith Rovers and Dumbarton, I don’t want to be playing in this league for the rest of my life, I want to test myself as high as I can, if I get that opportunity.”

Published 3 days ago by the Scotsman. I've no complaints about him saying that, he's hungry for better things. If he thinks he's good enough then great, from his performances for us this season, I can't see it. Hopefully either way we get something out of him but I've said it before and I'll say it again; we have better young players that have proven themselves in a very difficult environment, in a terrible season and no one has mentioned their names once.

In that article he is talking about progressing his career it's hardly a transfer request. Who are these players you're talking about btw?  The one and only player who has proven himself this season i would say is Ross Mathews.

What makes you think anything was learned from the Bates fiasco? According to our chairman on the recent interview giving him  away was the only option available because Bates is a lifelong fan of The Rangers.

11 minutes ago, Scosha said:

McManus tore it up for us in League 1. Mainly due to his pace ripping the utter shite out of some of the cart horse defenders when we were down there. We usually played through balls to him and teams couldn't cope with it. I think that's why he's struggled in the Championship since the defenders are going to be a lot better. I was really annoyed that he'd basically snaked Duffy last summer and took pleasure at seeing him suffer a relegation but I hope he finds his feet again and starts scoring. There's a good player in there. 

I was very critical of Dec all season long but tbf when it came to the must win end of season games he was one of very few who seemed to care and was our best player in those games despite being stuck out wide left. He put in an absolutely terrific performance at easter Road in particular when only a blunder from a certain donkey denied us a well deserved point that would have kept us up. Under the right coach/manager he could easily cut it in the championship I reckon.

59 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Aye there's definitely a player in there when the right McManus turns up.

I think he'd probably be a luxury depending on who we actually keep but the guy on the pitch at easter road and the first tannadice visit would be welcome back any day.

I'd take him again. Scored for fun at that level and was finding form for us. Some work ethic. I think he'll end up at somewhere like Queens.

As far as the striker merry-go-round goes I'd expect Reilly to end up at Queens and McManus to end up at us or Morton tbf

8 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Might even get the bedsheets out.

Difference being we have a few cringeworthy fans that do stuff like that. But every Rovers fan has a massive chip on their shoulder about the Pars.

There was a chant about Dunfermline during the Brechin match FFS. Never mind the guy who was going to get that tattoo.

Ok, I'd have to agree with that. On the matter of the Vaughan debate then, who would you prefer? If selling Vaughan meant keeping McManus or losing McManus meant keeping Vaughan, which would you honestly go for?

As far as the Vaughan debate goes, if he was to go now, I'd just find it extremely frustrating that he never really got a chance for us, for a variety of reasons.

He kicked his heels on the sidelines for a lot of the time under Murray for whatever reason, and when he was eventually paired up front with Stewart, was excellent.

It felt like a real case of what-might-have-been, considering he'd barely got a kick for the majority of that term.

McKinnon was then robbed of him through injury, whilst Gary Locke decided that Skacel/Stevenson/McManus was a far better way to go.

I appreciate the argument was he was just feeling his way back into the side and wasn't as impressive as he'd been before the injury, but one of his biggest attributes is linking the midfield to the forward line, something which literally no-one else at the club was capable of.

Obviously we're not aware of what goes on behind the scenes, but based purely on a footballing point of view, the decision not to play him, and then punt him out, was a mind-boggling piece of bampottery, that's right up there with McGlynn willingly choosing Andy McNeil over David McGurn.

The comparison to Court doesn't really make a lick of sense incidentally. He was impressive against Hibs when he came on and had a braw finish against Ayr, but barely had a kick in the two Brechin games, and struggled on loan in League Two with Montrose. I'm not writing him off by any stretch, but to date, he doesn't look up to Vaughan's standards.

I can't imagine Lewis will fancy sticking around in League One, and if he goes then I wish him all the best, but it'll be hugely frustrating that due to injury and piss-poor management, we didn't get to see him for an extended run in the side.

7 hours ago, Scosha said:

For us, McManus was like the inverse of M'Voto. He started really well but then lost his way completely but really came onto a game in the last few weeks and was our biggest attacking threat by a mile. He also looked like he genuinely cared about our position, a lot more than some of our contracted players appeared.

This is not something I thought I would be saying 6 weeks ago but I would be delighted if he stayed, although I can't see him being keen to drop down to league 1 again.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Really?

Yes, every one of us. Don't pretend you aren't completely obsessed by those crooked, debt dodging, zebra striped scum bags as much as all us true Rovers supporters are.

Boo to the Pars and boo to M'Voto :thumbsdown