The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well anyway, this argument has been going round and round for the last day or 2. Some people getting themselves tied in knots over the loss of one player who's contributions to the first team squad in the last 2 seasons have been very low for one reason or another.

Poor Bambino has defended his pals honour throughout and continues to police the forum looking out for anyone bad mouthing his lover and offering us a real insight into their relationship together.

Will he stay or will he go is the question and either way, 1 player leaving or staying won't be enough to get us back into the Championship. I won't be too sad if he chose to leave and just hope the board can get the finances together to keep the other players I have rated over Vaughan at the club. And of course if he does go, it'll be another reasons for the 'angry mob' to assemble and get their pitchforks out to try and out the board.

I'll await the announcement of the new manager and hope that this time round the club can make the right decision. Getting back into the championship is the key, regardless of 5 year plans or anything like that, championship status is no.1 priority.

Hopefully after the appointment and the dust starts to settle on the matter, we can actually start to look forward to next season and think about being proactive and supporting the club rather than the negativity that's been around over the last season.

I can't wait for Dick Campbell to win us this league...

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

With on course to post another profit this year BTW, we seem to have gathered that we only spend what we have.

We averaged well over double what you would along with having the centenary lifeline giving over 200 grand a year, and we still struggled, although we did post a profit.

Lifeline numbers which is one of your main income stream are dropping according to meeting last night.Is that concerning?

Believe you have ditched the under 20s team,is that a financial decision?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Lifeline numbers which is one of your main income stream are dropping according to meeting last night.Is that concerning?

We're clearly going in to administration in a couple of weeks due all that overspending we've been doing recently

46 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Well anyway, this argument has been going round and round for the last day or 2. Some people getting themselves tied in knots over the loss of one player who's contributions to the first team squad in the last 2 seasons have been very low for one reason or another.

Poor Bambino has defended his pals honour throughout and continues to police the forum looking out for anyone bad mouthing his lover and offering us a real insight into their relationship together.

Will he stay or will he go is the question and either way, 1 player leaving or staying won't be enough to get us back into the Championship. I won't be too sad if he chose to leave and just hope the board can get the finances together to keep the other players I have rated over Vaughan at the club. And of course if he does go, it'll be another reasons for the 'angry mob' to assemble and get their pitchforks out to try and out the board.

I'll await the announcement of the new manager and hope that this time round the club can make the right decision. Getting back into the championship is the key, regardless of 5 year plans or anything like that, championship status is no.1 priority.

Hopefully after the appointment and the dust starts to settle on the matter, we can actually start to look forward to next season and think about being proactive and supporting the club rather than the negativity that's been around over the last season.

I can't wait for Dick Campbell to win us this league...

Image result for shots fired gifs

@Bambino7

Image result for sean bean bugle

They were always going to drop, in the end if we have 100 fans putting in 20 quid a month it's still better than f**k all. So no, not particularly.

If you're clued up enough to know what was said at a meeting last night I'm sure you're clued up enough to know the reasons behind the u20s.

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Featured in 12 league games and played in the League Cup and Challenge Cup games. He clearly lacked match fitness after his injury and then lost his place because of another injury apparently and couldn't get back in the squad. I don't know what you're getting at? It wasn't like he wasn't given a chance. He came off when we were 2-0 away at Dundee Utd and had a rank game, Stewart came on for him and 2 minutes later we scored the first then scored late to draw the game. Previous to that game he was subbed off for Stewart when it was 0-0 against the pars at home, again, 2 minutes later Stewart scored the goal of the season and we went on to win 2-0.

McManus ran around with zero service for months, not counting the games when he was just terrible and Skacel continuously getting a start despite having the pace of an asthmatic donkey.
That free kick at Hibs was rotten and that was the last we saw of him but every one of Locke's mates was forgiven much worse than that.

Something more to the situation than 'couldn't get back into the squad.' 

It says it all about our board in the last 12 months that I actually think there's a chance we'll appoint Dick Fucking Campbell.

I remember having a chuckle to myself when Gary Locke was favourite for the job. "That'll never happen" I thought to myself.

12 months on and I'm thinking Dick Campbell is probably the 'outstanding candidate from a list of quality applicants'.

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

I remember having a chuckle to myself when Gary Locke was favourite for the job. "That'll never happen" I thought to myself.

12 months on and I'm thinking Dick Campbell is probably the 'outstanding candidate from a list of quality applicants'.

I'm exactly the same, after last year I don't feel safe calling any rumour bullshit.

Only plus side is given his track record Dick Campbell doesn't really fit the working closely with the youth team requirement. But then again I didn't think Gary Locke met the 'outstanding candidate' description last year...