The New Raith Rovers Thread

Brian spent a hell of a time way out his box half way to the halfway line, far to far away from his area.
teams will pick this up and he will be lobbed and lose goals
surprised Cuthbert allows this, not something he does

So a potential sweeper keeper then..

Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway like has already been mentioned. The only times he was too far out was when he had the ball otherwise he was close enough that as soon as we lost the ball, he'd be able to get back quick enough like he showed last night.

I was really impressed with him. Although we don't know what his shot stopping is like yet. He didn't exactly face many shots last night :lol:

Confirmed on the official site that Osei and Thorsen have signed. With them being two of the three trialists last night I'd assume the LB we had on trial is a no go further making it possible that McHattie will return.

I seen a few 20's games last season and last night, for a young keeper he has great feet and doesn't panic under pressure.

Fair enough but I think it's fair to see theres a big gap in quality between the development league and the professional league.

Fair enough but I think it's fair to see theres a big gap in quality between the development league and the professional league.

There totally is a big gap, but he did well with what little D/line threw at him.
Considering d/line looked a bit like hammer throwers last night he looked settled.

Sorry to go off topic folks - is anyone/happen to know of anyone that would be willing/is selling any retro Rovers strips from the late 80's-95ish? 

If so it would be really appreciated if you could drop me a PM!

On a more current note, the season ticket sales have been excellent in the circumstances. If we break 1000 and only see a 200ish drop after that abomination then a good season and promotion this year could see us beat last years total! Big IF, however. Encouraging signs so far...

I think 900 is an excellent effort in the circumstances.... particularly on the back of them being sold at Championship prices and knowing that our prices will prob be the highest in the league next season, and of course - Relegation and the cut budgets! Good effort from the 900 or so fans. What we also need to hope is that those who can't or don't buy season tickets get along as often as possible to try maintain a similar average attendance next season to continue to support the club both on the field, and financially...

Doesn't actually say a lot. Although this is relatively interesting:

"The proposals stress the importance of the club operating sustainably within its means. The Trust share these principles entirely, and we welcome the opportunity of exploring how this can happen in practice. Football is not an industry in which financial prudence and responsibility are rewarded in the short-term – in most seasons the leagues are won by the highest spenders, and the culture of “speculate to accumulate” dominates. The proposals from Starks Park Properties do not yet address this challenge, and we look forward to seeing a business plan which demonstrates how Raith Rovers could buck this trend."

So read into that that Sim won't have us running at a loss, even if that means League 1 part-time football if we don't get back up this season.

John Sim is going to clear all Rovers debts, lay a synthetic playing surface, put corporate facilities in or around the railway stand, tart up the main stand/Raith suite I'm sure there are other things in the offer.  We as a team are losing £100,000 plus a season there comes a time when this has to be seriously addressed and personally I think this is now the time.  There is no-one else out there ready and willing to come to the clubs aid.  The man I think (I don't know him personally) is trying to help and we as we are should not close the door on him otherwise it will be part-time football for god knows how long.  I think since he has been a board of the football club member he has come to realise that football clubs are not like ordinary businesses and has refined his outlook.  I could be way off the mark but let's see.

Even if Sim spent millions of pounds he wouldn't turn that white elephant around.

Given Sim's background, you get the feeling that he won't throw good money after bad; he worships the dollar after all. And yet he came up with that idea about a synthetic pitch and it was clear that the man had been away from the town for decades. He really needs to talk to people who live in Kirkcaldy before coming up with any more hair brained schemes. 

Just as long as he doesn't speak to Zico.

Even if Sim spent millions of pounds he wouldn't turn that white elephant around.

Given Sim's background, you get the feeling that he won't throw good money after bad; he worships the dollar after all. And yet he came up with that idea about a synthetic pitch and it was clear that the man had been away from the town for decades. He really needs to talk to people who live in Kirkcaldy before coming up with any more hair brained schemes. 

Just as long as he doesn't speak to Zico.

The grass pitch costs us tens of thousands a season in maintenance costs and in relaying it. The synthetic pitch is a throughly sensible idea.

And unless somebody does spent millions we are stuck with our "white elephant".

3 hours ago, steakngravy said:

John Sim is going to clear all Rovers debts, lay a synthetic playing surface, put corporate facilities in or around the railway stand, tart up the main stand/Raith suite I'm sure there are other things in the offer.  We as a team are losing £100,000 plus a season there comes a time when this has to be seriously addressed and personally I think this is now the time.  There is no-one else out there ready and willing to come to the clubs aid.  The man I think (I don't know him personally) is trying to help and we as we are should not close the door on him otherwise it will be part-time football for god knows how long.  I think since he has been a board of the football club member he has come to realise that football clubs are not like ordinary businesses and has refined his outlook.  I could be way off the mark but let's see.

Could you please relay information in sentences and paragaphs.

Smith in the FFP saying we have room for one more player and the player in question is currently carrying a knock. Heard McHattie was injured hence why he hasn't been featuring so would hazard a guess it's him.

Edited by Raithie