The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We have scored 55 league goals in 27 league games this season, which can’t be forgotten really.

I have looked back our Championship/first division days and we have already scored more goals this season than we did in each full season since we last won this league.

We also managed 60 goals in 36 games in 08/09 when we last won the second division so if we score 6 more goals in 9 games this year then technically we’ll have had a better attacking season this year than we did that season..

I am not defending the team this year though as it could have been so much more had we just went all out as Ayr seem to have done this season. If it wasn’t for Ayr scoring so many goals this year, we probably wouldn’t be talking about it tbh.

True, shame the misery in between the good games has made it feel a lot less fun than it should.  

5 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Anyone have any tips for cheap trains or minibus hire for the Ayr game?

There's at least 10 of us going down so far from the work (couple of Pars supporters included!) but train return is coming in at £30 each and minibus hire around £400 with a driver. 

Anyone info/tips would be most welcome. 

Appreciate the helpful replies to this, thanks. 

I'll mention the split tickets etc though it looks like we have a bus with driver for just over £200! 

Thanks again. 

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Depening on your train times Kdy-Ayr is doeable for £22. 80 return without split fares

I saw this but it had 3 changes unfortunately. 

We have a 16 seater with driver which will work out at £16.25 return if we fill it. 

Pretty decent! 

15 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

How has Buchanan worked out for you guys? Wiz a right or wiz a rang?

He hasn't set the heather on fire, but I wouldn't blame him entirely. The quality of service from the wings has been grim all season and punting long balls from the back to him isn't the cleverest idea. 

Really don't get this abuse of Buchanan. He's a penalty box striker yet we've basically played him as a target man punting long balls up and expecting him to win headers against 6ft5 defenders. If we had a manager who liked to play the ball on the deck and we had wingers who could actually beat a man and pick out a decent cross then guaranteed he'd have scored more.

It's no coincidence we have been better since Furtado was brought in and also in matches when Court has come on cause they suit Smith's horrendous and awful to watch long ball tactics.

I mean has anyone actually really enjoyed this season?

Buchanan could easily have over 20 goals if he’d taken even 50% of his chances. I agree we don’t play to his strengths, and I agree he’s a good player, but it’s not really worked for either party this season. Sometimes that happens.

What is very odd is that he seems to automatically play. It was the same with Declan McManus last season. No issue with someone not quite hitting their best form, but continuing to play them is silly - especially in Buchanan’s case where we have several options to replace him.