The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Would I be right in saying Lennon led St Mirren to their highest Premier League finish (8th) and won the League Cup? Sounds like an achievement.

I genuinely thought that was someone else. Yes he did :wacko:

I have to revise my association of failure with him as a manager to a tad uninspiring.  

I’d take McKinnon back in a heartbeat. Once we fail on Saturday we are up shit creek and need to make a good appointment so ignoring someone based on how they left previously is nuts. Would he be interested in building a team from scratch in League one though. 

Knowing our board I fully expect that our new manager will be either be a cheap reshuffle from within (Easton, Robertson) or an unimaginative option from elsewhere (Ellis, Duffy) 

42 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I've heard a rumour that Vaughan is off to Ayr if we don't go up. Might not be true but it's inevitable we're going to lose any lingering decent players we still have come 5pm on Saturday.

I heard Dundee was his next stop.

would be going nowhere if he was being scouting in the last 2 games.

I'd be delighted if we got McKinnon back, but I think he'd want a club at a higher level again. It was a mistake for him to leave, and it was a disaster for ourselves. I'd fully anticipate us going after some uninspiring choice or keeping Smith for next season though.

Think mckinnon coming back he would be here more than one season. Seemed to enjoy his time here, and he’s had his crack at his dream job and it didn’t work out. He will need a couple of seasons here to re-establish his reputation before any spl/top half championship side will look at him.

With Raith hitting the panic button after a couple of postponements and selling Season Tickets early to give them a bit of financial breathing space, would they really be in a position to pay Smith off should they fail to go up? With talk of going to part-time status, I'd be surprised if they part with the cash for another manager, especially given the fact that Rovers will be firm favourites for the title next year either way.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Geezo we're sitting talking about a new manager and there's no guarantee Smith will be given the chop if we fail to go up.

Got to have some kind of optimism don't we?

With Raith hitting the panic button after a couple of postponements and selling Season Tickets early to give them a bit of financial breathing space, would they really be in a position to pay Smith off should they fail to go up? With talk of going to part-time status, I'd be surprised if they part with the cash for another manager, especially given the fact that Rovers will be firm favourites for the title next year either way.

I'd imagine that the mission statement in his signing was promotion at all costs. If he fails then there's hopefully something in his contract that would be triggered.

The club can't be held ransom to him either. The confidence in his ability with the support is lower than it's ever been. I don't know if Young and the rest of them know their own futures at the club but I can't imagine they'd be getting any support by keeping Smith on.

It's impossible to know just how bad things are with finances. If we did manage to stay full time then it really would be last chance saloon and the person in charge of the team would have to be someone that is certain to do the job.

Vaughan has been fucking shite second half of the season. Its not been his own fault all the time, but he had turned into an incredibly greedy player who just gets marked out the game.

If he stays at us he could well turn into a lesser Craig Sibbald.

If we get a good turnout at Starks we can more than afford to pay Smith off with the proceeds. Might encourage a few to turn out. 

Another disgraceful marketing failure from the club by not promoting this. 

In news slightly further afield, Hamburg are making a decent attempt at staying in the Bundesliga and are 2 points off the relegation playoffs with 2 games remaining having looked doomed before.
So Locke allowing Bates to go, could see us being able to afford the sacking of Smith. Stroke of genuine from our man Gary.

Thats exactly what they did is it not? The stand opened at 1:45 and they had facepainters and stuff in for the kids., and Mark Campbell signing session from the back of 2.
Surely everyone who wanted to go in and sit together would have done so early, and not rocked up 10/15 mins before kick off expecting to get a block of seats together.

Eh no !!!! The north stand was only open to away fans ????? And I'm sorry but a season ticket holder (which I'm not ) should've able to sit on his own seat !. If it doesn't have a sticker on it then more full them.

I’ve never been so fucked off with our team, as I am right now.

I took relegation last season as it was a cluster f**k of a season, and we did put up a fight in the last game. I accepted Saturday, as we had lost out to the better team, but that gutless display last night took the biscuit for me.

Rarely have I seen such a piss poor performance when there is so much at stake. Players hiding behind their markers, and blindly panicking and passing the ball on, rather than take control. 

Sad times.

Edited by Beastie Russell

Eh no !!!! The north stand was only open to away fans ????? And I'm sorry but a season ticket holder (which I'm not ) should've able to sit on his own seat !. If it doesn't have a sticker on it then more full them.

Nobodies going to be petty enough to demand their seat like that.