The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Duggan is a fantastic ball playing right back, whilst Willie should be playing at a higher level between the sticks!!!

Good try King Kebab! Did Duggan not sweep the board in regards to the POTYA? We will still take Kyle Wilkie for goalie he would still be better than dumpling Graeme Smith

2 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

Why do you highly doubt the fee was worth it? How much did we get? How much is worth it for a guy that has just been relegated from the Championship to league 1? No club is going to pay 6 figures for a player in league 1.

I have a rough idea of the ballpark figure, and I also know that there was a very decent sell on percentage involved.

The board's "can't stand in his way" attitude - hardly a hallmark of tough negotiation. Plus we gave Bates away for nothing only 6 months previously with the same attitude. 

You're right no team would pay 6 figures. However, given the difference he could've made to our promotion prospects, I'd suggest that his worth to us was around that. As such, I would say that an fee would have to be around£70k to move into the territory of a good deal, and I highly doubt anyone would pay that. 

The sell on is irrelevant as it's money the club will most likely never see. 

Have the club announced season ticket prices since the early bird offer?

Someone mentioned earlier that the club hadn't emailed existing season ticket holders which seems madness. I just thought I'd missed it or it went to a junk folder.

Gonna forget the dog shit served up in the playoffs and get me and the wee lads bought again.

After reading John Sims interview in the FFP it’s refreshing that someone within the BOD is willing to stick there head above the parapit and take ownership for some of the key decisions this season  whether right or wrong, Just look at our previous Chairman bolts up Pratt Street before the final whistle the same man  who wouldn’t except the Locke appointment was wrong.Sim has a clear plan for the Rovers the first positive direction the club has shown in years on top of this he is willing to invest in the future of the club who else out there has apart from Alex Penman?no one!

Reading all the moans and groans from some posters on here Jesus god get a grip, as I’ve stated previously we are Rovers supporters not Barry Smith supporters he’s here to stay for another season so we just have to get on with it and back the team maybe Barry knows the likes of Barr etc will have to move on who knows. I don’t agree in Smith staying I like many others find the football boring, tactics non existent, no plan B , Players not motivated etc however I think we have learnt from last season by constantly sacking managers so I see the reason why the board have stuck with Barry either for Financial/ football reasons.

Maybe the likes of @zenarcher could fill me in better but is valentine ready for the step up to the first team? From what iv heard he's a prospect.

On that my thinking is that if we can actually use the youth players next season while mixing them in with experienced players we could do well, while bringing on the younger guys.

Iv calmed down since Tuesday and have accepted Smith is here for next season. I'll back him to get the job done but I won't be renewing my season ticket. Its tough financially for me so makes it a pretty easy decision.

4 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

Why do you highly doubt the fee was worth it? How much did we get? How much is worth it for a guy that has just been relegated from the Championship to league 1? No club is going to pay 6 figures for a player in league 1.

I have a rough idea of the ballpark figure, and I also know that there was a very decent sell on percentage involved.

Think the minute undisclosed fee is mentioned its taken by most as being a pretty shite fee

45 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Maybe the likes of @zenarcher could fill me in better but is valentine ready for the step up to the first team? From what iv heard he's a prospect.

On that my thinking is that if we can actually use the youth players next season while mixing them in with experienced players we could do well, while bringing on the younger guys.

Iv calmed down since Tuesday and have accepted Smith is here for next season. I'll back him to get the job done but I won't be renewing my season ticket. Its tough financially for me so makes it a pretty easy decision.

I wouldn't like to burden a youth player with too much praise, however, if McHattie was let go I wouldn't be worried.

After reading John Sims interview in the FFP it’s refreshing that someone within the BOD is willing to stick there head above the parapit and take ownership for some of the key decisions this season  whether right or wrong, Just look at our previous Chairman bolts up Pratt Street before the final whistle the same man  who wouldn’t except the Locke appointment was wrong.Sim has a clear plan for the Rovers the first positive direction the club has shown in years on top of this he is willing to invest in the future of the club who else out there has apart from Alex Penman?no one!
Reading all the moans and groans from some posters on here Jesus god get a grip, as I’ve stated previously we are Rovers supporters not Barry Smith supporters he’s here to stay for another season so we just have to get on with it and back the team maybe Barry knows the likes of Barr etc will have to move on who knows. I don’t agree in Smith staying I like many others find the football boring, tactics non existent, no plan B , Players not motivated etc however I think we have learnt from last season by constantly sacking managers so I see the reason why the board have stuck with Barry either for Financial/ football reasons.

It seems that Sims boxed quite clever here. He's now able to stand up and take responsibility for some of the decisions. However, there's heehaaw we can do about it. He's the man in charge and he owns the ground. He can tell us all to go f**k ourselves and there's nothing we can do. He's not even in the country to take any flack that may come his way.

I'm holding back any judgment on him. I've heard mixed opinions from a few different people and I suppose now we're going to see what he can do.

I wouldn't like to burden a youth player with too much praise, however, if McHattie was let go I wouldn't be worried.

I'm thinking along the lines of Murray can play lb with him backup like Thomson rb with Watson as backup. Hopefully over the season they could both push for a starting place.

The board's "can't stand in his way" attitude - hardly a hallmark of tough negotiation. Plus we gave Bates away for nothing only 6 months previously with the same attitude. 
You're right no team would pay 6 figures. However, given the difference he could've made to our promotion prospects, I'd suggest that his worth to us was around that. As such, I would say that an fee would have to be around£70k to move into the territory of a good deal, and I highly doubt anyone would pay that. 
The sell on is irrelevant as it's money the club will most likely never see. 

£70k or £40k are both absolute pittances. This is 2018. I’m spending £40k on a fucking loft conversion and I’m not exactly rich. Callachan’s value to the team would have far outstripped that money. Could we not have negotiated a similar deal to the one Celtic gave St Mirren for Lewis Morgan, where he gets to stay with his club to the end of the season then moves on? No we couldn’t cause we’re fucking Raith Rovers.

Keeping Callachan would have probably seen us romping to the league title rather than having to spend another season (at least) in the fucking Seaside league.

On the P&B naming on this league, now there are so many artificial pitches should it not be the Plastic League?

Think the minute undisclosed fee is mentioned its taken by most as being a pretty shite fee

Yep. At our level as soon as undisclosed fee is mentioned you know your clubs been bent over.

£70k or £40k are both absolute pittances. This is 2018. I’m spending £40k on a fucking loft conversion and I’m not exactly rich. Callachan’s value to the team would have far outstripped that money. Could we not have negotiated a similar deal to the one Celtic gave St Mirren for Lewis Morgan, where he gets to stay with his club to the end of the season then moves on? No we couldn’t cause we’re fucking Raith Rovers.

Keeping Callachan would have probably seen us romping to the league title rather than having to spend another season (at least) in the fucking Seaside league.

On the P&B naming on this league, now there are so many artificial pitches should it not be the Plastic League?

So what your saying is you could have stepped in and kept callachan at the club but never?

Call yourself a fan etc

Would an unhappy Callachan still led us to the title after the club refused to sell him to his boyhood hero’s?

What if he refused to play? Train? Paying him to sit in the stand or take the undisclosed fee and try (and ultimately fail) to replace him? 

No brainier I’m afraid.

Case closed I think.

Selling Callachan isn't my issue.

My problem was the statement the club put out was incredibly patronising to the Rovers support and made it all about Callachan moving to a big team rather than the benefit to the Rovers.

That and the pathetic attempt we made to replace him.

Have the club announced season ticket prices since the early bird offer?

Someone mentioned earlier that the club hadn't emailed existing season ticket holders which seems madness. I just thought I'd missed it or it went to a junk folder.

Gonna forget the dog shit served up in the playoffs and get me and the wee lads bought again.
Nothing yet from the club. The release of early bird tickets over a 2 day period was just ridiculous though. Due to work I had no chance of taking up the option. I don't plan on getting one this season due but if I was I'd be pretty upset that cause in contact the club over a two day period that I'd lost out. I'm sure last year the early bird offer was on until June?