The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Zanatta - any good?

He can be. He had a bit of a slow start for us then really found his form towards the end of 2017. He then got recalled by Hearts for a couple of weeks, and actually scored for them in the Premier League, before coming back to us. He didn't quite get his momentum back though and was a bit of a disappointment in his 2nd spell. One thing he does have for a wide player is an eye for goal. Even when not offering that much he was always likely to pop up with a goal. It will be interesting to see how he makes the step up.

41 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Zanatta - any good?

Was decent in flashes, but riled Rovers fans as much as opposition fans with some blatant diving. Bad enough people who can dive convincingly, but he was shocking at it. I reckon he had at least four bookings for simulation. 

As has been said, really depends which Zanatta turns up. He’s got a direct style which can be really exciting to watch, and he never hides and always wants the ball which means when he’s bad he can be really obviously, stand out bad.

You’ll be up against up for the majority of the season and he’ll be a good out ball but be prepared to be pretty frustrated some of the time.

Edit: I’d like to add that I liked Zanatta and would’ve probably had him back this year.

1 hour ago, ListerRRFC said:
2 hours ago, MethilMink said:
Does your club do matchday family tickets? Im looking to bring a 3, 9 and 11 year old to the game with me?

Standard pricing is parent and child is £20 and then you'd have to pay £8 each for the other two under 16s.

Does the 3 year old have to pay? He get in free at bayview every week?

Taking a 3 year old to the football - best of luck with that. You’d best download our app...

Are you trying to say that the child won't be induced into a trance-like hypnotic dream-state by the beguiling blend of fluid and majestic football that will be put on display by both sides on the day???

13 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Are you trying to say that the child won't be induced into a trance-like hypnotic dream-state by the beguiling blend of fluid and majestic football that will be put on display by both sides on the day???

I always found that telling them to watch the trains whilst feeding them pies worked a treat when my kids were that age. 

4 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I always found that telling them to watch the trains whilst feeding them pies worked a treat when my kids were that age. 

Everyone says the same but hes very swtiched on and genuinely enjoys it. Missing goals due to toilet breaks is the worst part though. Sat there for 25 mins last week thinking we were still in the game and Dumbarton were 1-0 up

On 8/16/2018 at 11:12, Beachbum said:

Worth a look to see how the new pitch was put together.

Excellent article. Good to see Raith following the bairns with a top quality artificial pitch.  The green crumb makes a huge difference in how it look if you ask me. I was up at Livi at the weekend and they have the cheap black rubber and it looks hellish. In fact I wasnt impressed with their surface at all.  Interesting to see that studs are what they want players to wear and that flat soles actually cause issues with the surface.

We are very strict at Bayview about footwear. Its true that flat shoes do flatten the pile as do blades. No one wears blades now so thats not an issue. we even insist that referees wear studs.

Interestingly (well for me anyway!) our pitch has just been tested for the end of the defects liability period & there has been little loss of pellets over the year & the pile is as new. As I've said before it really is all about the maintenance.

I was interested in what the guy in video said about watering the pitch. We were told that it would be a waste of time as on 'normal' days the pitch would be bone dry after 15 minutes of being run on! I am really am looking forward to seeing the Raith pitch tomorrow, I love these surfaces.

Edited by LiamA