The New Raith Rovers Thread

Realistically there could be 101 different reasons why Barry chose to leave, and not a single one reason could explain why he left. There could well be something in her personal life that’s triggered this, as much as the chairman speculated about this player who was lined up (let’s not just immediately jump on the “Sim blocked it” line, there’s no evidence of that being the case. Could well have been an issue with the player.) he talks about Barry being a private person etc.

Who we bring in will be interesting. I’d disregard this talk of people seemingly in the know now as he indicated the board were not meeting again until Monday to work out what type of candidate to go for.

The muggy fan in me already likes the sound of this Icelandic guy.

Some folk getting awfy worked up on here about rumours and stories that may or not be true.

Anyway - lets move on.

I'd not be against Cuthbert getting it. I hope he is a serious candidate. It would allow a bit of continuity, and he is well thought of at the club. What I'd also hope is if he is given the chance, he is allowed to bring in an experienced assistant coach to help him out. We've went from having a coaching staff of 4 last season (Smith, Cuthbert, Robertson, Easton) to 2.

15 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Posted on fantalk

might have resigned but his contract stipulates that he has to give 4 months' (!) notice. My understanding is that he asked Sim for the dosh from the Supporters' Club to sign a player. Sim's response was-"on the back of 2 wins? Let's wait and see how the next 4 games go". Baz could take no more and walked.[/u]

The same guy also claimed he was getting a 3 year deal at Morton, so I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

52 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Probably Gregg Ryder, applied for St Mirren and Morton jobs in the summer.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-time-come-cold-geordie-14789102

Resigned from his job in Iceland because the plug got pulled on a transfer deal. Probably not suited to working with us then :lol:

Smith asks to speak to chairman onTuesday.Hands in his resignation.Might be simplistic here,but does the chairman not ask why?

Something just doesnt ring true with the chairmans interview.Hard to believe he does not know or has not been given a reason from Smith( apart from  being unhappy for some time)for his resignation

Unless Smith opens up I think its unlikely we,ll ever get the real reason why

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

The biggest issue I have is members of the Raith Forum thinking £15k would get us a decent player.

Thats just about scraping minimum wage levels.

It wasn't necessarily to pay the whole of the guy's contract or even necessarily for any more than a short term contract.

It's pretty likely Smith has given his reason in private but wants Smith to explain his reason. He probably got fed up with his position constantly being under scrutiny and decided to jump before he was pushed. To him it was probably better to resign and claim to be unhappy than to be sacked.

The biggest issue I have is members of the Raith Forum thinking £15k would get us a decent player.

Someone was telling me that loans are now rarely done on a ‘you pay x% of his wage’ basis, and that more often than not its a one off payment which is made to the parent club which secures the player’s services. Hendry from last season was certainly signed this way. If that’s the case then £15k is more than enough to get someone in - on loan, anyway.

Your post also comes across as slightly crass.

45 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I was led to believe that 3 out of the 5 groups made this financial donation. Surely £15k is better than hee haw.

Massimo Donati & Barry Robson applied apparently, Robson doesn’t tickle my pickle but Donati does but only because it means we’ll get some crazy foreigners

Boatload of exotically names Italian maestros signing in January please.

Cuthberts interview with Raith TV comes across well.  He's not sat and said wait and see he's got stuck in had meetings with some players, presumably experienced boys and hes got his game plan ready for Saturday.  I know talk is cheap but if he shows promise I wouldn't be against him getting the job with someone like Billy Stark as assistant.  He knows the squad and he knows how they can perform. 

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Sure there's bigger issues to be found with the Rovers than three out of five supporters clubs trying to fund a signing.