The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a case of deja vu re Armstrong where he moves to another club and then doesn't get the same level of game time as he did with ourselves. Either way, I'm not too upset he's away as I think Zanatta and Connolly have the ability to step up. 

Agreed. 

I am still however waiting on him developing a knack for delivering decent set pieces, which will turn me into a seething mess. 

31 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Folk calling relegation after two league games. Christ almighty.

This, about a team that hasn't played poorly at all this season and still carrying injuries to key players? I worry about how some folk might cope if/when Rovers do go through a real dip in form this season.

image.gif.26cc582aaee48ec174bb8077d4c0fc37.gif

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Folk calling relegation after two league games. Christ almighty.

This, about a team that hasn't played poorly at all this season and still carrying injuries to key players? I worry about how some folk might cope if/when Rovers do go through a real dip in form this season.

It’s absolutely baffling isn’t it? That Hamilton first half performance was almost as good as any I’ve seen from any rovers side. This isn’t a team going down.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

It’s absolutely baffling isn’t it? That Hamilton first half performance was almost as good as any I’ve seen from any rovers side. This isn’t a team going down.

You will always see it.  People wanted Mcglynn gone in 2019.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It was a freak game. As McGlynn said it wasn't like backs to the wall stuff as Hamilton got their goals, we missed as many chances as they did in that period,  every time they attacked it ended up in the net. MacDonald hardly had a save in the whole game.

Aye some pretty scary heads gone moments from our fans either on here or on the social meeds. Fans just back into grounds and the doom and gloom merchants have risen from their slumber and the knives and pitchforks are out for certain players already....after 2 games. 

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Aye some pretty scary heads gone moments from our fans either on here or on the social meeds. Fans just back into grounds and the doom and gloom merchants have risen from their slumber and the knives and pitchforks are out for certain players already....after 2 games. 

Nature truely is healing 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

You will always see it.  People wanted Mcglynn gone in 2019.

I mind a couple of folk calling for McKinnon's head when they beat us at Starks. I'm sure every club is the same but the number of people who are rabid in their reactions after games in incredible. 

Just now, ki11ie said:

Jamie Gullan any good for yous? 

Fairly variable tbh. Tepid first loan spell before scoring for fun in the 19/20 season. Had him again last season, never consistently in the starting 11. Had good games and bad, possibly due to shifting about positions.

Can hit them like a rocket and gave us something we didn't have consistently last season in his willingness to go long in behind. Yet, he had some awful games as well.

Would take him back as I'd see him as being useful without assuming he was going to raise our game to a new level.

Good to see him starting well !

Im fairly confident we'll finish solidly middle table this season. Losing Hendry and relying so much on Spencer Matthews and Vaughan is not ideal but I think we'll be solid and hard to beat over the season, with a good few players able to chip in going forward. 

Edited by Guest