The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Anyone with footage from the red card being asked to send it into the club. Can only assume we are desperately trying to appeal it 

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Unless Paul Smith was wearing a Go-Pro, I think you're going to struggle to find anyone with a half decent angle or view of that incident. I highly doubt we'd win an appeal anyway. 

25 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, I suspect we’ll go into the Ayr game with an equally bereft squad, unless they’ve all tested positive very early in the week. 

(if that’s what they’re missing with) 

Given the possibility of losing more players to whatever it is (likely COVID, but we don’t know), keeping Berra suspended is in our favor as we either lose him for Ayr and QoS or potentially get the matches cancelled (due to lack of fit/eligible players) and lose him for other matches with the currently missing players able to play.

I'm quite laid back about it. The run had to come to an end and the gods were against us on Saturday (not that thistle didn't deserve to win) it's just how it goes. 

Ayr are pish and hopefully we have enough to get by them. Queens on the other hand are a pain in the arse so we need a full squad for them. 

Still 3 defeats in 18 games and at least 1 new player coming in for new year there's loads to be happy about. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8169929/cummings-dundee-open-goal-joker/

Meanwhile our boys, with McGlynn's approval I'm guessing, decide it's a good idea to head down to Liverpool after the Killie game for their Christmas do and sods law we now have several players out with what looks like Covid. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8169929/cummings-dundee-open-goal-joker/

Meanwhile our boys, with McGlynn's approval I'm guessing, decide it's a good idea to head down to Liverpool after the Killie game for their Christmas do and sods law we now have several players out with what looks like Covid. 

Cummings to fire us to promotion.....

Cummings seems like the polar opposite type of character McGlynn would be after.

As for the night out, it's a tough one. Nobody wants to be the one to pull the plug on a squad having a good time but with hindsight it seems like a reckless decision. The way the omicron variant is spreading in sure most teams will be hit before long with outbreaks. Even over the last week the outlook feels like its changed drastically.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Christ almighty!🤫 (quite appropriate for the time of year 🙄)

I hope that is not true. Totally, totally irresponsible if so.🤬 And with the blessing of management? Even "worser"!🤬🤬

Yon Corona virus is still on the loose.

Nae stravaigin'!

Bide in the hoose!

Edited by embow

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Cummings seems like the polar opposite type of character McGlynn would be after.

As for the night out, it's a tough one. Nobody wants to be the one to pull the plug on a squad having a good time but with hindsight it seems like a reckless decision. The way the omicron variant is spreading in sure most teams will be hit before long with outbreaks. Even over the last week the outlook feels like its changed drastically.

Not a tough one for me.Sure they could catch it staying closer to him but its about reducing the risk

Foolish decision and be surprised if McGlynn sanctioned it

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I think Cummings has been hung out to dry a bit. He was on stage as a guest along with Charlie Mulgrew and Andy Halliday who are also top flight players. 

Sounds like he turned up at training and was deemed unfit to take part (i.e. still pished). Seems like the right call has been made by McPake as that shows a lack of professionalism. 

If either of the other guys turned up in a similar state that's on their respective managers to deal with. 

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I think Cummings has been hung out to dry a bit. He was on stage as a guest along with Charlie Mulgrew and Andy Halliday who are also top flight players. 

He's not been binned for participating in that event although rumour has it the club suggested to him that they'd rather he didn't attend. Having said that he was sent home for turning up and being 'unfit to train' in the words of the manager. McPake is pulling no punches in the press about this whole matter as he obviously feels stabbed in the back by Cummings after, despite his baggage, vouching for him to the owners and bringing him in.

Having said that Cummings has our best goal to game ratio in a Dundee shirt over all of our forwards. Despite that he dropped off the radar completely when Griffiths came in. Anyways he'd probably knock the goals in regularly for a Championship club if allowed to just hang around near the goal.

I doubt this will be successful. From where raith fans were, it certainly looked as if he tried to pull out the challenge, but the raith tv highlights have the same view as the ref and from that view, it looks like a worse challenge than it was.