The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That second tweet from him has pissed me off. He's waded in without a fucking clue about it. 

agree, stupid second comment and an unnecessary distraction from the point at hand.  Two male directors and countless male fans clearly making a stand.

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He failed a pre match fitness test so the plan was obviously to play him

Talking to a Clyde fan at work Goodwillies knee is fucked, tendinitis I think and has hardly trained since October,   makes signing for Raith even more bizarre.

1300 posts on this thread alone. 2715 replies and 3800 quotes to two tweets. Condemnation and resignations from their main sponsor, women’s captain, stakeholders, volunteers, sponsors and other staff members. Public condemnation from the First Minister, the Health Secretary, Women’s Aid and other prominent public figures. Headlining national news outlets. Countless fucking emails from fans telling them they won’t be back.

“Divided opinion.”

The statement has went well beyond a Scottish football audience, or even a football audience on Twitter, and there are four posts about this on the front page of the r/soccer subreddit, which has 3.2 million users, most of whom are in America. Even if they were to punt him immediately the negative attention Raith have attracted here will stick for a long time. 

Edited by Fratelli

31 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fair enough, but I never felt like that.

I watch Hearts with my brothers and my mates. Have done almost all of my life. I wasn't going to stop that because of someone like Rix. I don't see why people should have to sacrifice good things in life because of someone else's poor judgement.

If people want to, fair enough. But something like your team being promoted is a big deal. It's the kind of day people will always remember and treasure.

f**k giving that up for some scumbag.

I appreciate others feel differently, but I don't think the right response is to give up on the good parts of life. People have lost enough recently.

DG is a c**t. But he shouldn't be dictating what normal people do.

It was a bit more than 'poor judgement'.