The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Have you already spent the first Celtic game money on Ross?

Not sure as I don’t know the respective in/out of those figures, but imagine it made a big dent. 

Not sure what it would take to pay him off, but I'd imagine it's nearly in the 100k ballpark. We just don't have that lying around. 

@Donathansuggested garden leave and that's maybe the way to do it. Not really desirable for either party I guess, but may be the only option. Still means he's here, which isn't good. 

Edited by Michael W

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's a shame all this condemnation hasnt followed him for the last 5 years or so. NS talking about it whilst remaining silent (as far as I'm aware) for the whole time he was at Clyde just reeks. It's hardly like he was playing for some two bit "junior" mob like Cumnock. He was playing for a fellow SPFL team ffs

He was at Clyde. He practically was playing for a two bit junior club 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Not sure as I dontknkw the respective in/out of those figures, but imagine it made a big dent. 

Not sure what ot would take to pay him off, but I'd imagine it's nearly in the 100k ballpark. We just don't have that lying around. 

@Donathansuggested garden leave and that's maybe the way to do it. Not really desirable for either party I guess, but may be the only option. Still means he's here, which isn't good. 

You'll get about £200k/£250k for the Celtic game, more than enough to pay him off. 

Although I doubt you will tbh.

If anything is clear, legends of the club clearly don't care like fans. I think before this mess most Rovers fans would have considered McGlynn up there in terms of managers, yet would someone who really cares about the club subject it to so much damage? I hope not.

Sturgeon can get to f**k. She's not said a damn thing for years yet now sees political capital out of it. I get she has to answer the question but her answer was as if the civil case happened last week. He's been playing for Clyde for 5 years!

Away from that he's got a contract so either he stays for that time or we get rid at some point. The league can do nothing and we can't just go back in time and cancel it. Either way it's going to cost the club a hell of a lot of money but that should lie solely at the feet of John Sim.

Where's John Sim he's the owner and I would imaging ultimately has the final say on these matters. I maybe wrong but I think he was at the game last night. His father was a man of the cloth as was Gordon Brown's so they must be spinning in their graves. This board of directors have to be classed alongside the lot that let Claude Anelka in.

23 minutes ago, timbermill tactician said:

Chris Mclaughlin in an article on BBC news states that some people within the game have told him the fall out is unreasonable.

Scary

Some people within the game are c***s but we knew this already.

The worst part is that “some” is probably a lot bigger number than you’d want to believe.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

You'll get about £200k/£250k for the Celtic game, more than enough to pay him off. 

Although I doubt you will tbh.

If anything is clear, legends of the club clearly don't care like fans. I think before this mess most Rovers fans would have considered McGlynn up there in terms of managers, yet would someone who really cares about the club subject it to so much damage? I hope not.

Its reportedly cost us £50k to Clyde and I pressume he' on 50k+ a year x 2 1/2 is another £ 125k+ and thats no accounting for the losses that'll be racked up over the coming months

1 minute ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Agree that Sturgeon can get herself to f**k as well. Bandwagon jumping for media attention, if he's being banned from football then it either happens 5 years ago or doesn't at all.

The “media” asked her about it and she answered the question. You can disagree with her opinion but to say it’s for media attention just makes you look a bit dim.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The “media” asked her about it and she answered the question. You can disagree with her opinion but to say it’s for media attention just makes you look a bit dim.

I'm aware she was asked about it. She also chose to tweet about it yesterday without being asked. At no point has she reflected on the fact that the SPFL hasn't acted for 5 years, for her not to take that into account in her answer is a bit dim IMO. The point is she's asking for retrospective action 5 years too late and is clearly doing so to garner support. Not being able to grasp that makes you seem.......guess what?

Sturgeon can get to f**k. She's not said a damn thing for years yet now sees political capital out of it. I get she has to answer the question but her answer was as if the civil case happened last week. He's been playing for Clyde for 5 years!

Away from that he's got a contract so either he stays for that time or we get rid at some point. The league can do nothing and we can't just go back in time and cancel it. Either way it's going to cost the club a hell of a lot of money but that should lie solely at the feet of John Sim.

Do you think Sturgeon monitors the transfer ins and outs of Scottish lower league football on a regular basis? I doubt she could even have told you where Clyde or Raith Rovers played before Monday.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

The fundamental subject matter is about ethics in society and attitudes toward sexual crimes. I think it's a worthwhile discussion and I've no issue with Sturgeon having her say.

I've been slightly disturbed at some of the attitudes online by some fitbaw supporters. Unwilling to accept that DG has done anything wrong, that club has done nothing wrong. Some of the attitudes by those almost proclaiming DG's innocence in the situation and how he was never convicted so therefore he should be left alone had me shaking my head in disbelief.

Albeit these have been a minority I have to ask what the f**k is wrong with these people. They should read the civil case transcript and try and think how they'd then see the situation. 

I really do feel sorry for the majority of Rovers fans who are seeing their club absolutely destroyed over the last couple of days. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they thought that signing DG would go unchallenged, even after Val McDermid strongly advised them not to and was assured by their Chairman they wouldn't. Already having substantial debts and sponsors leaving is bad enough, future sponsorship is surely now going to be hugely affected as well.

This is just a mental situation and those left running the club must be spectacularly out of touch releasing that stupid out of touch statement last night.

I hope the Rovers fans can find a way to ditch those responsible and grab their club back from the abyss. 

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Its reportedly cost us £50k to Clyde and I pressume he' on 50k+ a year x 2 1/2 is another £ 125k+ and thats no accounting for the losses that'll be racked up over the coming months

Hate to break it to you but those losses are going to rack up, just take the summer for instance:

Having to find a new major sponsor for you kit, you'll need this soon so the supplier can work on the design and have it printed. As well as advertisements round the ground.

A delay to print will cost you shirt sales.

Season tickets are going to be a hard sell especially with inflation on the up a price rise whilst the club has a much reduced fan base over the issue.

I would bet by the end of Goodwillies contract he will have cost you at least twice what his wages and sign on fee are, and will have also irreversibly cost you your reputation.

If I was a Raith fan I would want as many people as possible calling for the club to get rid of him. Not sure why people are happy to listen to some people tell them what a bad decision it is but tell others to f**k off for giving their opinion.