The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, ribzanelli said:

Which is your right. I’m not massively bothered so this is my last comment on it but I can’t really get my head round Bill Clark’s motivation for lying about this.

Maybe he was lied to?

His account was that he was told by the other board members that Clyde had been in touch over the weekend to say DG was available. 

11 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Maybe he was lied to?

His account was that he was told by the other board members that Clyde had been in touch over the weekend to say DG was available. 

At that stage, it was most likely a price negotiation having been batted backwards and forwards during January. Doubtful it was the beginning of negotiations or offer of a player at such a late stage of the window.

I guess we’ll never really know and it’s a pretty moot point now in any case.

6 hours ago, JBJ said:

Yes but it takes the transfer fee higher than the widely accepted 50k

I don't think either the fee-per-goal or the promotion bonus are going to cause much of an issue.

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

The most unbelievable thing about it is your own fans are continuing the fucking over by keeping it going. 

You need to move on it can't be changed it happened. What is going on about it a month down the line achieving? Other than potentially blowing your promotion chances 

You’re in the Rovers thread because of it I assume, so it’s still very much a current issue I’m afraid. 

Not all volunteers are back. Not all fans are back. We still have no women’s team. The Board remains the same. Will happily go on about it until some of that has changed. Not sure what damage we do the club by discussing it on here. And would never come close to the damage caused by this decision. 

There’s not a chance in hell we are getting promoted btw. We’ve been shit for almost three months now. We’ll probably finish behind Morton and Hamilton. 

Edited by roverthemoon

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

You’re in the Rovers thread because of it I assume, so it’s still very much a current issue I’m afraid. 

Not all volunteers are back. Not all fans are back. We still have no women’s team. The Board remains the same. Will happily go on about it until some of that has changed. Not sure what damage we do the club by discussing it on here. And would never come close to the damage caused by this decision. 

There’s not a chance in hell we are getting promoted btw. We’ve been shit for almost three months now. We’ll probably finish behind Morton and Hamilton. 

Well it's going to be more than on here it will be at the ground I'm cafes pubs wherever. It does damage the club. Been their mate seriously. Social media is all well in good until a crisis and then everyone jumps on it

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

Anyone else really regret selling Bowie.

I think he’s destined for much bigger things than us, it’s a shame we couldn’t keep him around for longer but realistically we were never going to be able to hold onto him indefinitely.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Who is in more of a crisis, Raith or ICT? Both trying their best to get out of the play offs!

It's incredible the slump in form by both sides and unless one or both of us snap out of it soon it's not inconceivable that we could both be reeled in.

Dire stuff.

A combination of factors at play, we'd taken a bit of a dip at the end of November and were limping along when the wheels finally came off at Partick in December. The loss of Spencer cant be underestimated, it has proved huge. Then there have been games without Berra where the stats speak for themselves. Take into account a drop in form of Ross and and loss in confidence to Zanatta, add in a change in personnel with playing Gullan up top instead of Varian (someone should run the stats on him starting). IMO Other players form has also dipped from last season, guys like Musonda, Tumilty, Bene and even Tait when he was still here.

As excuses go 3 big injuries (2 ACLs and a break)along with the usual Hamstrings and calf strains have all damaged our season although only Vaughans one is not exactly recent.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

A combination of factors at play, we'd taken a bit of a dip at the end of November and were limping along when the wheels finally came off at Partick in December. The loss of Spencer cant be underestimated, it has proved huge. Then there have been games without Berra where the stats speak for themselves. Take into account a drop in form of Ross and and loss in confidence to Zanatta, add in a change in personnel with playing Gullan up top instead of Varian (someone should run the stats on him starting). IMO Other players form has also dipped from last season, guys like Musonda, Tumilty, Bene and even Tait when he was still here.

As excuses go 3 big injuries (2 ACLs and a break)along with the usual Hamstrings and calf strains have all damaged our season although only Vaughans one is not exactly recent.

Is this the old "when the clocks go back"? I thought it was some kind of myth 🤣

What's happened? This started before the Goodwillie nonsense with a dip in form I think. Are there players out injured, loans ended or something else? At the start of the season Raith looked an absolute unit going forward.
Lost Brad Spencer vs Arbroath at the start of December and then we've lost Berra for most matches throughout January too. We've had a few games where we've been unlucky, but by and large our form just went out the window.