The New Raith Rovers Thread

Win or bust today. Even if we do squeeze into the play offs then there’s no way we’d get through 6 games to go up, so it all feels a bit futile.  Will just be glad to have this league season over. It’s been an absolute shitshow on and off the park since Christmas. Last Sunday the only bright spot.

Win or bust today. Even if we do squeeze into the play offs then there’s no way we’d get through 6 games to go up, so it all feels a bit futile.  Will just be glad to have this league season over. It’s been an absolute shitshow on and off the park since Christmas. Last Sunday the only bright spot.

^^ very this

13 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Due to how the draw was done, We were the away team in every game since we beat E.Fife at home in the 3rd round, and the away strip was worn everytime, so dont see what the problem is 

Not that it matters now, but this ‘we are the away team today’ pish was pure spin from the club. We were drawn as the home team for the final as it shows below so could have played in blue. We gave it up voluntarily to be the away side. 

931D5739-9C46-406F-8EE8-BC5E25EDD486.jpeg

Edited by roverthemoon

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Don’t make me post the Big Marv believe meme again. It’s happening. We go on an incredible 3 game winning streak and draw the last game with Killie. 10 points sees us snatch 4th place. We then go on to win the play-offs and join the top league again. The order for the statue of McGlynn is fished out the bin and the statue is in place, looking glorious, for our first day in the Scottish Premiership. One week later it is stolen and melted down for scrap and everyone agrees that a bronze statue was a mistake. 

Geez!😲

The power of alcohol over coherent and rational thinking!🥃😄

Or was it too much cheese before bed last night?🤔😄

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not futile as there's extra coin to be had for being fourth rather than fifth in league position. Also extra for playing in the playoffs. Every little extra helps.😉

7 minutes ago, renton said:

Another new formation and starting 11 today, then.

I was trying to get some positive vibes for today then I saw the starting lineup. I think Bene and Dave Mackay will struggle under the shelling of long throw-ins and other forms of high balls into the middle.

39 minutes ago, embow said:

I was trying to get some positive vibes for today then I saw the starting lineup. I think Bene and Dave Mackay will struggle under the shelling of long throw-ins and other forms of high balls into the middle.

That's pretty much the only thing I would be confident in them dealing with. 

How low can we realistically finish? Ayr and the pars are fighting it out for 8th. So under the assumption we don't win again I think we will finish 6th. If we don't pick up another point it'll be 7th. 

Where's that chart with the prize money. 

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The question has to be asked, what will make the next 16 games different from the last.  A real lack of belief or quality there today.

I think it's time for change really.

Aye. Benedictus gets caught out by a simple high ball, gets turned trying to recover. Game over.

Just far too leaky at the back, and blunt up front. 

Seasons are largely decided in the Summer and it juat wasnt good enough this year. 

I think he's shot his bolt to be honest. We already have most of a squad signed up, so the Summer signings absolutely need to be right.

This can't continue.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Aye. Benedictus gets caught out by a simple high ball, gets turned trying to recover. Game over.

Just far too leaky at the back, and blunt up front. 

Seasons are largely decided in the Summer and it juat wasnt good enough this year. 

I think he's shot his bolt to be honest. We already have most of a squad signed up, so the Summer signings absolutely need to be right.

This can't continue.

Benedictus should be gone at the end of the season but I think we'll carry on with him like we did with Davidson, where he'll keep getting deals despite poor performances. I can't see either of Musonda or Tumilty staying on, so really we're looking at a new back line. If we keep on as we are, we'll be back down in League 1 at the end of next season. The only positive of our current situation is that we can't get relegated this season. I wouldn't be bothered if we opted to bring in a new management team so long as it's not someone off the merry go round. 

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The question has to be asked, what will make the next 16 games different from the last.  A real lack of belief or quality there today.

I think it's time for change really.

Like, we get our first choice players back in the team.