The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Rovers supporter not a McGlynn supporter, I'll not be following him to Falkirk, but this isn't so much the canary in the mine as the high tech warning system blaring at its maximum level. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest anyone in the senior management at Stark's Park has any idea of what they're doing. Regardless of what else has gone on, we do know that John McGlynn knows what it takes to be (relatively) successful at this level. 

Our new chairman has so far communicated to the support solely via a short message in a programme that was never put on sale, and now he's failed to retain a manager he wanted to keep, when the competition was a team in the division below who've been through a host of well publicised issues. 

Can someone at this football club please show some sort of leadership and outline what the fucking plan is? 

I think the highlighted parts above are the crux of it all. We can all argue until the cows come home about whether McGlynn should still be in a job or not, but no Rovers supporter can surely be under any illusions about the ineptitude of this board now.

Think the writing was on the wall for McGlynn at Raith after the saga of the rapist, with to much water going under the bridge.

That said, this is a tale of two boards, and it's not been that long since the roles were reversed. We are in the nick we are in because of the attitude and incompetence of the previous incumbents with more time passing meaning their decision had more time to fester and ruin the football side of the club.

It now seems you are in a similar boat where the people in charge are acting in a fairly questionable way in the battle of ego and power trips v what's best for the club.

Your loss is hopefully our gain, but I do have a degree of sympathy for yous*, our club having not yet come out of the shadows of rampant egos combined with blinding incompetence, yet hopefully with this appointment and robbing some of your players showing as signs of the recovery.

*not you raith_raver.

McGlynn and Smith should both get pelters for this as well. Are we really believing that Falkirk only got in touch last week with them and offered then this amazing deal?

Or has it been bubbling under for a while and the "I want to sign a new deal" was all just smoke and mirrors?

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

The next thing the needs done is Goodwillie to be announced he's away. Until that happens which manager in their right mind will come to us.

What an advert that is. 

"Btw, we've got a £50k striker in the squad. But under no circumstances can he be played. In the meantime, he's on over £1k a week and will deplete your playing budget."

Tinpot club. 

9 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

To be honest, I'd expect someone like Thistle or Dundee to capitalise on this situation and pick him up. He's a top half Championship player. 

Another central midfielder whom we can completely ruin by playing at right wing?

Sign me up! 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Signs a rapist, fucks off to a shambles of a side in the league below and wants to take Raith’s better players with him - I would be fuming at McGlynn!

Don't forget bottling their biggest chance of promotion in a decade.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think the highlighted parts above are the crux of it all. We can all argue until the cows come home about whether McGlynn should still be in a job or not, but no Rovers supporter can surely be under any illusions about the ineptitude of this board now.

Aye, there definitely needs to be some kind of communication with the fan base now, covering a broad range of issues.

The club does seem to be in a total shambles at this point. It needs to be remembered that there is a core squad there rather than a total rebuild job and its not a terrible squad either. The only two out of contract players I'd keep are Spencer and Tumilty but don't expect either to stay. 

Assuming Spencer and Benedictus f**k off to Falkirk anf Tumilty to god knows where, that'd leave us with a midfield 3 of Stanton, Matthews and Arnott and in defence, Berra, Lang, Dick and Young - With Lang not due back until into the season to come.

Shopping list quickly starts to look like:

Must haves: striker x2, CB x 2, RB x1

Like to have: CM x 1, winger x 1, LB x 1

Between 5 and 8 signings required, some will be loanees again.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Aye, there definitely needs to be some kind of communication with the fan base now, covering a broad range of issues.

The club does seem to be in a total shambles at this point. It needs to be remembered that there is a core squad there rather than a total rebuild job and its not a terrible squad either. The only two out of contract players I'd keep are Spencer and Tumilty but don't expect either to stay. 

Assuming Spencer and Benedictus f**k off to Falkirk anf Tumilty to god knows where, that'd leave us with a midfield 3 of Stanton, Matthews and Arnott and in defence, Berra, Lang, Dick and Young - With Lang not due back until into the season to come.

Shopping list quickly starts to look like:

Must haves: striker x2, CB x 2, RB x1

Like to have: CM x 1, winger x 1, LB x 1

Between 5 and 8 signings required, some will be loanees again.

That’s assuming the contracted players all stay. Wouldn’t not surprise me to see some of they also leave during the summer.

1 minute ago, Raith_Fox said:

That’s assuming the contracted players all stay. Wouldn’t not surprise me to see some of they also leave during the summer.

Unless someone comes in to pay money for them, I'd guess it'd be our choice what happens with their contracts.

Wasn't overly fussed about McGlynn staying or going but the way this has been handled by the board is a complete clusterfuck, if they wanted a new man then they should have been working on it, if they wanted to keep JMcG then why leave the negotiations so late when his contract runs out next month, what a shambles.

As for McGlynn he is partially responsible for budget cuts for his signing of Goodwillie and Keatings, don't think he'll get a statue now

So, now they are away at last.....

Who do we REALLY think is in with a shot of taking on the biggest challenge in Scottish fitbaw next season?

I would realistically say Ian Murray (assuming Aidrie blow promo).  Get in a 'future' manager as n.o 2.

Would like to see Jack Ross, but don't think he is that desperate tbh.

Just now, renton said:

Unless someone comes in to pay money for them, I'd guess it'd be our choice what happens with their contracts.

"Couldnae stand in the laddies way"

I left it alone because I was enjoying the freakout caused by the rumour, but McPake said recently during his media flurry (I think on the Open Goal podcast?) that he wasn't interested in returning to a managerial position any time soon I believe. That could clearly change but he's also recovering from knee surgery so I sincerely doubt he'd be particularly motivated at this moment for a position, no matter the enticement as the Raith job would be for plenty of managers in Scotland.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I left it alone because I was enjoying the freakout caused by the rumour, but McPake said recently during his media flurry (I think on the Open Goal podcast?) that he wasn't interested in returning to a managerial position any time soon I believe. That could clearly change but he's also recovering from knee surgery so I sincerely doubt he'd be particularly motivated at this moment for a position, no matter the enticement as the Raith job would be for plenty of managers in Scotland.

Good don’t want to see him anywhere near starks park