The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Hearing a rumour that Smith was offered the job but turned it down to remain an assistant. If correct then any rumour of McPake is a load of nonsense as club clearly have no plan in place. If also correct then it makes our "Chief Executive's" position untenable in my opinion. That's no longer any conflict on interest but how can we believe that she had no idea he husband was negotiating a new job with another club behind her back.

Also heard a small rumour that Benedictus and Spencer have agreed to join Falkirk and that are trying to agree a deal with Tumilty.

The discussion of McGlynn or no McGlynn is no longer an issue or relevant. The fact that he's gone and we might now lose our captain, right back and main central midfielder at the same time is an absolute disgrace and nobody on that board should remain in place.

HR expert on the board! Don't make me laugh.

It’s quite simple, our CEO has to go. Completely out her depth and a wage thief. Not heard a good word about her. Hopefully she can get herself a cushy job at her husband’s new employers.

Edited by Enigma

If Spencer or tumilty end up at falkirk then id be surprised. Both players are capable of playing top end championship/ lower end premiership. Bene would probably make more sense along with the likes of mckay who should be an improvement on anything falkirk have at cb

10 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I’ve heard he’s off to st mirren, league one is way below his level. Bene is slowing up and league one would suit him, Spencer would be a cracking signing for them tho 

League One is beneath Spencer. If he goes there, whatever, but he can do better. He can also do better than Raith Rovers in the Championship tbh. 

Tumilty surely merits a crack at the Premiership. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

More annoyed about Spencer leaving than McGlynn, I must say.

However, let there be no doubt that the way the board have handled this has been grossly incompetent. I feel with these clowns in charge we'll be doomed whoever our next manager is.

Yup, the biggest shower of c***s since Palpatine declared a new Galactic Empire. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

League One is beneath Spencer. If he goes there, whatever, bit he can do better. He can also do better than Raith Rovers in the Championship tbh. 

Tumilty surely merits a crack at the Premiership. 

I’d seriously question the sanity of Spencer and Tumilty if they go to league 1, it’s well below their level no matter the salary.  Bene is definitely possible as he’s probably coming to the end of his career at this level. Tumilty has been linked with Premiership teams and as you say Spencer could probably do better than us. 

This talk of Ian Murray surely misses the fact that on current form he has a good chance of getting Airdrie promoted. They've lost only 1 game this year, to Partick, and narrowly. I'd fancy them to beat Montrose over 2 games and then whoever makes it from the Pars v QP bloodbath. Would he leave a newly promoted Airdrie, where his BoD are likely to reward his success, for the Rovers?

I like the suggestion of Naismith / Berra.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

This talk of Ian Murray surely misses the fact that on current form he has a good chance of getting Airdrie promoted. They've lost only 1 game this year, to Partick, and narrowly. I'd fancy them to beat Montrose over 2 games and then whoever makes it from the Pars v QP bloodbath. Would he leave a newly promoted Airdrie, where his BoD are likely to reward his success, for the Rovers?

Yeah he would definitely depend on how successful he is in the next 2/4 games. I doubt the current board would even be looking at someone like that though. We'll end up with Gary locke again because he interviewed well no doubt. 

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

I'll pass on all 3.

Murray was bang average at Dumbarton and complete dogs hit at St Mirren without Jack Ross, ok he might have improved some but I'm not fully convinced.

Stewart Petrie I just cant see coming, if he's wanted a FT job he'd have been in (and probably out of ) one already. Forbye he's totally unproven above L1 which despite a few attempts he hasn't got out of past the play-offs.

Kevin Thomson might still be well thought of by Rangers but he's very much untested, I mean come on Claude Anelka could have managed a Kelty side with that much financial muscle behind it to the title. There also the fact that he is rumoured to be an absolute walloper!

Other in the mix I've heard.

Lennon - No!

McPake - f**k no!

McKinnon - Never again!

Glass - Really?  No!!!

Hartley -  Nope!

Holt, Hopkin, McPhearson, Darran Young, Naismith Jesus the list of absolute shite is endless!

Ross? - I wish! (he's probably still pissing himself laughing at us from last time!)

Wright? - Jury is oot!

Laurie Ellis and Berra?    - By no means ideal but better than some of the above.

Doug Imrie? - well....

Unless there's something truly amazing comes out of left field I think we're fucked!

That list of pish scares me to death. Only Ross or Ian Murray should be persuaded…..I mean begged. 

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

There is a reasonable chance he declines us. He's onto a good thing there currently and may well look at the Rovers as a basketcase. Are we worth what is presently a jump up? Maybe not. 

If Airdrie don't go up they'll be in a very competitive league next season. QoS, Falkirk and Kelty all full-time, with potentially QP and Dunfermline there as well. Going to be very tough at the business end up of the league; May be good to go whilst his stock is high. 

26 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s quite simple, our CEO has to go. Completely out her depth and a wage thief. Not heard a good word about her. Hopefully she can get herself a cushy job at her husband’s new employers.

Of course she will. Make it happen. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

I think that McPake will be our new manager, however if we wait a few weeks we may be able to approach Calum Davidson if St Johnstone are relegated. 

With McPake he will need an assistant, Jimmy Nicholl filled that position for a time at Dundee. Maybe a player assistant manager with Charlie Adam who is out of contract I believe.

It'd be Dave Mackay. That's his assistant.

48 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Hearing a rumour that Smith was offered the job but turned it down to remain an assistant. If correct then any rumour of McPake is a load of nonsense as club clearly have no plan in place. If also correct then it makes our "Chief Executive's" position untenable in my opinion. That's no longer any conflict on interest but how can we believe that she had no idea he husband was negotiating a new job with another club behind her back.

Also heard a small rumour that Benedictus and Spencer have agreed to join Falkirk and that are trying to agree a deal with Tumilty.

The discussion of McGlynn or no McGlynn is no longer an issue or relevant. The fact that he's gone and we might now lose our captain, right back and main central midfielder at the same time is an absolute disgrace and nobody on that board should remain in place.

HR expert on the board! Don't make me laugh.

I’ve heard Tumilty has offers from championship and lower half premiership with both Livi and St Mirren both said to be interested 

8 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

A bet pops goes ti Falkirk anaw.

Why it was McGlynn that had him sat warming the bench for most of the season, Poplatnik bailed McGlynn out after he was forced to play him after his signing of “he who shall not be named” was torpedoed.  

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Why it was McGlynn that had him sat warming the bench for most of the season, Poplatnik bailed McGlynn out after he was forced to play him after his signing of “he who shall not be named” was torpedoed.  

Was still giving his chance by mcglynn even tho to late.  Mcglynn will know he won’t be needed  at Livingston and will score 15+ in a L1 promotion pushing side. 

6 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Was still giving his chance by mcglynn even tho to late.  Mcglynn will know he won’t be needed  at Livingston and will score 15+ in a L1 promotion pushing side. 

If Poplatnik is leaving Livingston he’ll be looking for a club higher than League 1, he proved he can score goals at this level why wouldn’t he look for a club at Championship / Premiership level. The reason for a player like him to drop is to prove themselves, he’s already done that.  Honestly some of the names getting linked with Falkirk seem a bit over the top. Players want to play at the highest level not drop down because they like a manager. I’d expect Bene might join them and they might get someone like Dick or McKay for that level. It’s Falkirk in League One they’ve been a shambles for a few years John McGlynn isn’t a lightning rod that’s going to have players rushing from the top 2 divisions to sign for them. 

I see the Courier has come up with an unimaginative list of 5 potential managers: Berra, Ellis, McPake, Thomson and Murray. 

I would prefer Murray, but waiting a couple of weeks to see what happens with Airdrie in the play offs is far from ideal. 

I think we need to be realistic with this board though. If you come up with the worst possible appointment you can think of, imagine someone twice as bad and that's pretty much what we'll end up with.