The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not a raith Fan but am I the only 1 who thinks atm you've got a lot  worse than last season Good signing in Dylan Easton but apart from that I haven't really been impressed with most of the stuff you've done so far let a lot of good players go and not brought many in and I don't Reckon Scott Brown (Ex Peterhead 1) And Ross Millen Will be great at this level either still time left but if it doesn't get better wouldn't shock me if yous were pulled into a relegation fight 

New account? [emoji23] aye no worries

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I'm not a raith Fan but am I the only 1 who thinks atm you've got a lot  worse than last season Good signing in Dylan Easton but apart from that I haven't really been impressed with most of the stuff you've done so far let a lot of good players go and not brought many in and I don't Reckon Scott Brown (Ex Peterhead 1) And Ross Millen Will be great at this level either still time left but if it doesn't get better wouldn't shock me if yous were pulled into a relegation fight 

I’m giving Ian Murray the time to get it right. Signing players is a little difficult, and that’s for all clubs apart from the obvious two at the top. 

10 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

If Murray can’t secure the positions we need. Expect a lot more defeats this season lads. It’s looking a wee bit bleak. 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’m giving Ian Murray the time to get it right. Signing players is a little difficult, and that’s for all clubs apart from the obvious two at the top. 

Make your mind up... 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Yeah yous are defo needing a couple in 

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Make your mind up... 🤷‍♂️

It is true though, it’s too quiet. But on reflection it’s the same everywhere. I do try to read other teams threads to get some info. We’re struggling in the most needed areas. Other teams not so much. 

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Our midfield is actually upgraded over last season, with Easton and Brown (who'll be absolutely fine at this level for the job we want him for) instead of Tait, Williamson and Riley Snow.

Most of our strikers last season were loanees anyway so not like we 'let them go'

In defence we let go two CBs and Tumilty at RB wanted to go somewhere else. Of the two CBs one was no longer really good enough for championship football.

We've only signed three guys so far, but with the intention of signing more.

Our midfield is actually upgraded over last season, with Easton and Brown (who'll be absolutely fine at this level for the job we want him for) instead of Tait, Williamson and Riley Snow.
Most of our strikers last season were loanees anyway so not like we 'let them go'
In defence we let go two CBs and Tumilty at RB wanted to go somewhere else. Of the two CBs one was no longer really good enough for championship football.

We actually let 3 go but I’m curious to which one is not good enough for the championship?

3 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

We actually let 3 go but I’m curious to which one is not good enough for the championship?

That's a good point. I forgot McKay.

McKay wasn't really good enough for the championship either and in my opinion Benedictus was on the way down.

That's a good point. I forgot McKay.
McKay wasn't really good enough for the championship either and in my opinion Benedictus was on the way down.

Got to disagree about Bene. Vastly underrated last season which was his best for a few years. He was far better than Musonda IMO

7 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Got to disagree about Bene. Vastly underrated last season which was his best for a few years. He was far better than Musonda IMO

My take on it is that he was capable of both fantastic  and calamitous defending sometimes within a 15 minute spell of each other. 

He has always been prone to lapses in concentration, bad decision making but I felt those issues were more pronounced last season.

17 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

If bene and musonda were that bad why haven’t we found it easy to replace them and crucially upgrade on them? Murray can keep looking and looking but ultimately he might end up with no one any better or slightly worse as he gets desperate near end of the window, hopefully not 

This is my fear, if he hasn’t found his targets. Then desperation to get bodies in that might be way worse than what we lost 

It's difficult to look at the goals against column last season as well as some of the defending, and not have the belief that we can bring better in.

Edited by CALDERON

31 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

If bene and musonda were that bad why haven’t we found it easy to replace them and crucially upgrade on them? Murray can keep looking and looking but ultimately he might end up with no one any better or slightly worse as he gets desperate near end of the window, hopefully not 

I would have kept Bene too. He had gone into Davo mode of being sugar or shite, but with him and Tumilty we were a top half Championship team. Unless we sign a new CB and RB who are as good or better then we’re quickly going to become a lower Championship or League 1 team. 

Lang looked okay, so hopefully he recovers well from injury, but even if he does, he’s going to miss the first half of the season. It’s not panic stations just yet, but the league season starts in 11 days time and whoever comes in won’t have had time to work with his teammates to develop an understanding.

Even the most optimistic person must see this isn’t ideal preparation for a good league season.

1 hour ago, renton said:

I think Easton will be good for yous. Williamson is a bit of a loss for yous impressed me last season. Fair enough if Tumity wanted out but replacing him with Ross Millen isn't great imo however might be good at this level. And yeah yous do need a couple more think we will start seeing a lot of loan deals with championship clubs in the next couple of weeks now pre season is almost done which could change everything. 

Bene was on his day a good Championship defender, but very slow and due to this could make a rash decision leading to bookings or a sending off. Not great at corners for us, rarely did he score. Time for him to leave.

Musonda I would have kept not because he was the best centre half but the fact he could cover both fullback areas.

McKay great to see him at the Peterhead game and clearly a fan but never good enough for the Championship and definitely not a right back.

Now we have a game tonight, IM stated he needs reinforcements and has targets fingers crossed we see a signing or 2 today that can at least get some game time.