The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The clubs literally offering to sell players to the first bidder and some folk are thinking we're going to be getting better than Kyle Connell in January? Might be wanting a wee bit of a reality check here. 

Maybe, but maybe not. In the same way that we will post a loss but could very easily break even. 

The inevitable conclusion of Macdonald's clown car interview of contradictions, is that no-one knows what's going on. Will there be budget if Connell returns to Killie? Would O'Riordan going back to Crewe free up money for a striker? 

I'd prefer we keep the latter if possible, but we have cover at the back whereas Vaughan aside we are hopeless up front. It feels like we are relying on Arbroath and Hamilton continuing to be rubbish. 

Ach a new investor means we can kick the liquidation can doon the road a bit.  Hopefully meanwhile they invest in the squad and get u s a wee stint in the SPL SPFL Whatever they call it now top league.
Maybe see some Asian prospects being sent to try out at windswept cold San Starko.

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Gordon Smith acting as an advisor, and potential investors would be keen for him to stay on in some capacity.

Strangely, I'm not overly worried.  Club needs investment, and we need an end game re Sim.  

That Gordon smith isn’t he involved with hibs or am I thinking of someone else? 

6 hours ago, renton said:

If we can't do better than Kyle Connell then we are as well getting the buckets and spades dusted off now.

Yup, it’s that grim. Terrible mismanagement and an awful manager. Sorry that was a wee bit unfair. 

We'll definitely need more details, but shivers are already running down my spine. 

At this stage, all I'm interested in is motive. What does a deeply opaque Hong-Kong/Seychelles based investment group want with a Championship football club? 

There's a YouTube interview with the founder, Peter Chun, who's mentioned in the BBC article, and he's talking about how Silverbear Capital are working with billions etc etc. If you take him at face value, the football club doesn't even have enough assets to make it worth their while asset-stripping. So is it just a passion project for him? If so, why? 

Just now, Against The Machine said:

We'll definitely need more details, but shivers are already running down my spine. 

At this stage, all I'm interested in is motive. What does a deeply opaque Hong-Kong/Seychelles based investment group want with a Championship football club? 

There's a YouTube interview with the founder, Peter Chun, who's mentioned in the BBC article, and he's talking about how Silverbear Capital are working with billions etc etc. If you take him at face value, the football club doesn't even have enough assets to make it worth their while asset-stripping. So is it just a passion project for him? If so, why? 

peep-show-optimistic.gif

Let’s face it, we knew sim was going to sell at some point as he’s not exactly a young gun nowadays. But I wonder if him coming out publicly about wanting sell us a bit of a “f*** you” to the supporters. He’s never been the most popular of people with his outbursts in interviews and statements, even more so this year in January … So this makes me think he’s went ‘ah well, you don’t like me? Fine, take your club and shove it’. Toys out the pram vibes. 

Anyway, I’m all for a new owner. I’d rather an investor than fan owned at this point in time. In the future maybe fan owned is the best but for now it will give us all something to look forward/worry/talk about.