The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I mind the days of my auld man sending me round to the local shop to pick up the FFP with strict instructions not to read anything about the Rovers until he had purely because the information was up to date and/or with some new information/news. How times have changed.

I’ll see your FFP being the main source of news from the Rovers and raise you ‘The Raith Line’… who remembers phoning up that number for all the latest news from Starks Park?

55 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

John Hollins, a coach briefly in the Anelka era passes away aged 76.

That's a pity. I've seen and heard him being interviewed on a number of occasions and he always struck me as a decent and articulate man. He would have done a good job for us I imagine but saw through the Anelka experiment and baled out before he became too  associated with him

42 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

That's a real shame, I spoke to him at the team bus before a game and he seemed a good guy. Clearly knew football which made him absolutely redundant to that particular chapter of our history. 

No idea how much truth is in it, but the story was that he was in control for the one time we looked anything close to a professional football team during Anelka's reign - the draw away to Airdrie.

8 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

That's a pity. I've seen and heard him being interviewed on a number of occasions and he always struck me as a decent and articulate man. He would have done a good job for us I imagine but saw through the Anelka experiment and baled out before he became too  associated with him

I shudder to think back to that devastating period of our clubs history. I met A#%¥*a at a petrol station in Dalgety Bay, he had a couple of his erm “players” with him. Well anyway I told him and  his cronies quite loudly to get F out of my club. He just looked in stunned silence, I did feel like a Fanny after it though😆😆

43 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’ll see your FFP being the main source of news from the Rovers and raise you ‘The Raith Line’… who remembers phoning up that number for all the latest news from Starks Park?

0898/0891 884479. I could have totally made that up though.

If this is what RaithTV is gonna be doing all year, they are going to be putting the top TV arms of the Premiership to shame. They’re already, in my limited experience, easily the best Club TV in the Championship and below, but their recent output has been both prolific and of an excellent standard. Keep up the good work lads and lassies, and I hope this is a sign of the Club increasing their support!

57 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I shudder to think back to that devastating period of our clubs history. I met A#%¥*a at a petrol station in Dalgety Bay, he had a couple of his erm “players” with him. Well anyway I told him and  his cronies quite loudly to get F out of my club. He just looked in stunned silence, I did feel like a Fanny after it though😆😆

Fair play to you. You must have given him food for thought and he heeded your advice.

Edited by Specky Ginger

57 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

0898/0891 884479. I could have totally made that up though.

Not sure of the phone number but I remember as a kid phoning the line and my mum going nuts as it was charged at I higher rate.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

On the topic of coaches with brief spells at Starks Park, I recall Terry Butcher had a spell but can't recall the year.

96 or 97 i think. Im sure Alex Smith was a coach at the same time… some back room team that!

Finished the IM interview…sounds like Masson will be a starter at first, with Corr fighting for time as well. Maybe Masson and Corr fighting for the O’Riordan and Nolan roles, while we bring in an experienced CB and some FB cover…and maybe another young CB.

Time to scan the lists for an aging CB who’s prime for a mentor role with some playing time?

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not sure of the phone number but I remember as a kid phoning the line and my mum going nuts as it was charged at I higher rate.

Are you not getting mixed up with a different high tariff number you used to call 🤔

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Finished the IM interview…sounds like Masson will be a starter at first, with Corr fighting for time as well. Maybe Masson and Corr fighting for the O’Riordan and Nolan roles, while we bring in an experienced CB and some FB cover…and maybe another young CB.

Time to scan the lists for an aging CB who’s prime for a mentor role with some playing time?

From the interview he mentions looking for two center half’s, cover for both full backs and a midfielder so 5 anyway . A lot of sunny days ahead over Starks Park by the looks of it 🙂