The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

That's something you can visibly see for your cash though. Slightly better than pointing to a bit of turf and saying, "there's the family sponsor Son".

Yeah you’re right, I should have perhaps quoted the OP about the section of the stands instead. 

On 25/06/2023 at 15:46, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Mental pricing, it’s only £10 to for a match ticket, be amazed if many fans are willing to pay that for a friendly.  With it being a Tuesday night there won’t be many Rovers fans heading up but at £5-£7.50 you’d probably have got quite a few tuning in. It’s up to Montrose what they charge but I think it’ll lose them money charging that much for a preseason friendly. 

If there are people who are willing to pay for steps, tiles, bricks, bits of the pitch, floodlights or whatever then I’d say crack on. Clubs at our level and below need as much cash through the door as possible. If they find folk willing to stump up hard cash for notional ‘ownership’ of a bit of the Falkirk pitch then it’s more genius than tinpot. 

15 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

If there are people who are willing to pay for steps, tiles, bricks, bits of the pitch, floodlights or whatever then I’d say crack on. Clubs at our level and below need as much cash through the door as possible. If they find folk willing to stump up hard cash for notional ‘ownership’ of a bit of the Falkirk pitch then it’s more genius than tinpot. 

Aye, it's just another vehicle for fans to donate money to the club, those that can, will. Those that can't won't. 

More than one thing can be true at once:

Sponsoring a square of the pitch will raise some money; 

It is unbelievably tacky, grabby behaviour by the club and anyone who actually does it is a bit of an idiot. 

On 22/06/2023 at 21:00, San Starko Rover said:

Why is it such a struggle for supporters in Scotland to get their head around the fact that the SPL ceased to exist in 2013.  It’s been ten years and you still see people referring to it as the SPL. If we’re going to aim to join defunct divisions I think we should aim for Scottish Division one sometime around the early 20s. We were pretty decent back then. 

Even better is that the Saudi league appears to be using the SPL initials as part of their brand now. Be quite an effort for any Scottish 2nd tier team to get into that league. 

Edit : will also lead to some *classic* online banter when some EPL player is rumoured to be moving to an SPL club and folk start commenting that they didn't think St Johnstone could afford him etc etc 

Edited by Fuctifano

22 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

There will be highlights for Montrose. That game and Kelty friendlies will be up the day after in the afternoon or evening for both games. Should be back to a more normal service after those games.

Will there be audio commentary or Raith tvs own live stream during the game tonight? 

14 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Will there be audio commentary or Raith tvs own live stream during the game tonight? 

Audio only for subscribers from RaithTV. Montrose FC declined to allow RaithTV to stream the match, preferring to offer their own (£12.50) stream.

33 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Audio only for subscribers from RaithTV. Montrose FC declined to allow RaithTV to stream the match, preferring to offer their own (£12.50) stream.

Scottish football at its tinpot best. I don't know the tech involved but can't both teams stream, agree a fair price then split the takings? 

Won't be paying £12.50 as its a piss take and I leave for work just after 9. Will just listen and check updates . Would have chucked a tenner for our own service to cover. 

Hoping for a few returning to the squad tonight. Should be a good test though the weather might mean anyone on the edge may be rested. 

Fixtures out the end of this week? 

34 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

When are the new strips being revealed?

When I spoke to the office staff when renewing my season ticket they said they were hoping to have something in place regarding the strips by the Dunfermline game. I was suspecting they might be holding off launching it until that day to perhaps entice more fans to come along to the game.