The New Raith Rovers Thread

Excellent stuff. Absolutely shuts down any chatter about not fixing the defence. An ex league winner, someone who has been a recognised aerial threat at corners in the past. He'll know a fair few faces from before and offers experience at centre half while also providing cover at full back if needed, which should alleviate some of the pressure on Ross Millen. As far as I'm concerned, any extra business we do from here will be a bonus. We've not even dipped into the loan market yet. 

Good luck to everyone who is off deleting tweets. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Excellent stuff. Absolutely shuts down any chatter about not fixing the defence. An ex league winner, someone who has been a recognised aerial threat at corners in the past. He'll know a fair few faces from before and offers experience at centre half while also providing cover at full back if needed, which should alleviate some of the pressure on Ross Millen. As far as I'm concerned, any extra business we do from here will be a bonus. We've not even dipped into the loan market yet. 

I think we might get a Full Back in on loan/permanent whether that is Paterson or not then maybe a CM and then I think we will be pretty much done 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As chief whinger on that front, it certainly does alleviate a lot of it.

Not going to get carried away as he has faults like any other championship level defender. Like you say though he's been a goal threat at this level as well, which alongside Watson is a bonus and those two are almost certainly an upgrade on Lang and Nolan.

Would still like as a priority seem decent left back cover - likely a loan, but someone with a bit more pace and willingness to hit the byeline to give us something different, but principally to allow Dick to move inside to cover CB alongside Corr. 

Whilst not a signing I'd say I was necessarily delighted by in isolation, I think given the current conditions and players that would be avaliable to a club like ourselves, that this is realistically as good as signing as we were going to make. We've now got two CBs with very good experience and I would certainly rate those two as a better partnership than Lang/Nolan. 

Pleased to see us get in another CB for the season ahead. That Murray can cover LB if required is also a bonus. 

Edited by Michael W

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Would Murray be able to be in the squad tonight? 

Not sure, have known that the rule in cups in the past has been the need to be registered 14 days prior to the game? I could be wrong those more in the know can correct me.

Solid signing that. Happy with that! Good blend of experience and youth and we have Liam Dick who can cover there also. 

Manager said we were after 2 or 3 so interesting to see what other positions we target. 

Tbh id be happy with another full back, probably another left who likes to get up and down and I’d be really happy with the squads that’s been assembled.

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Murray being pretty capable of playing anywhere along the back line is definitely a bonus to this signing. I'm sure yogi played him at cdm for the pars so probably not up to much in that position though. 

I’m pretty sure he didn’t, since Yogi came in around 6 months after Murray left the club. Think Crawford might have played him there a couple of times in his first season with us, from memory. But he mainly played as CB for us.

edit to add - agree on his versatility. It’s a big thing to have. Covered at LB for us without any issue. Think he’ll try and offer Dabrowski an option too, he was always comfortable to take the ball from the keeper and play it out from the back.

Edited by CallumPar

42 minutes ago, renton said:

As chief whinger on that front, it certainly does alleviate a lot of it.

Not going to get carried away as he has faults like any other championship level defender. Like you say though he's been a goal threat at this level as well, which alongside Watson is a bonus and those two are almost certainly an upgrade on Lang and Nolan.

Would still like as a priority seem decent left back cover - likely a loan, but someone with a bit more pace and willingness to hit the byeline to give us something different, but principally to allow Dick to move inside to cover CB alongside Corr. 

Yeah totally agree with you, I was a whinger on this as well and happy to have Muzza back , corr will learn of him and Watson and allows us to loan out Masson for a bit to get him playing games every week and dick can slot in there as well.