The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Aye, enough of this flag pish. 

Interview with Callum Hannah is a good watch. An intelligent, humble laddie, who clearly still feels like a competition winner, signed by his beloved local team. I really hope it works out for him. It truly is Boys Own stuff.

Very nice interview. Noticed a comment while talking about how it feels that shows how the game is developing…”a dream for pretty much all, a lot of, boys, lots of kids, lots of young girls…”

Glad to be back after being logged out, not remembering password and email address being different now! That’s what happens when we get older!

Loving all of the social media raith are doing just now! Blows any other club out of the water!

like getting to know the players through interviews and see how they are all coming together!

huge squad now let’s get behind all of the boys and quit looking for a boo boy! 

I think, whatever way you look at it, we are too heavy in that department and none of the players will be happy at being on the bench. Personally if anyone was going to go out on loan I’d have preferred it to have been Gullan. Ross offers something that none of our other players do.

I could imagine Ethan is one of those players on "McGlynn wages" and Murray also can't play everyone - so keeps the player happy and probably relaxes the budget at least until Jan. That's a cracking signing for Falkirk though, he's proven that once he's fit he's a great player - but we've a surplus of really really good players in his position. 

2 minutes ago, MC_Lachlan said:

I could imagine Ethan is one of those players on "McGlynn wages" and Murray also can't play everyone - so keeps the player happy and probably relaxes the budget at least until Jan. That's a cracking signing for Falkirk though, he's proven that once he's fit he's a great player - but we've a surplus of really really good players in his position. 

Is he just coming back from injury? Looking forward to seeing him play for us.

His contract is up at the end of the season, he needs minutes and isn't guaranteed that here. This is an opportunity to put himself in the shop window so to speak. Good luck to him, hopefully he finds form and stays clear of injury. I can see him joining them permanently next season, or off up to Cove. Good player on his day, which doesn't come around enough sadly. 

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

What to expect? Seems a bit of a coup if indeed he is fit. Is he a holding mid?

Very, very good player but I am surprised he's ended up at Falkirk, he'll be on a decent wage and I thought that Agyeman and Morrison were very good options out wide already.