The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

If you haven't seen it yet then please do, great vision for the future of our club

We get wee sly digs from some other fans about where our money is coming from and why we aren’t asking more questions or feeling uneasy about the level of investment. 
Open and honest interviews like that are why we as a fan base are relaxed about the the direction the club is taking. 
Of course we may be wrong but it certainly feels like the investment is built on a solid platform with sound business acumen rather than some individuals dumping some money in to get some quick success before leaving us with a load of debt. 

I must admit I thought the home game against Utd would have been nailed on for the beeb, very glad it isn't... at least this time.

Televised home games against ant two of; Airdrie, Ayr, ICT, Queens or Morton would do fine from a financial aspect. Pars or Utd would be most damaging with Partick also bringing a good travelling support, Arbroath would also likely bring more than the initial 5 teams mentioned.

10 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

What’s going on with this club and injuries again?! Surely we have to look at the rehab/physio etc! 

what has happened to Corr his interview a few weeks ago he said he hoped to be back. Watson injured again, who’s going to look into this!

Murray said in his pre match interview corr has had a set back. Watson picked up a knock last week so has probably just tweeked it again. We've already brought in a new physio in the summer, I can't remember her name off the top of my head but she came to us from Luton and is a rovers fan. 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Murray said in his pre match interview corr has had a set back. Watson picked up a knock last week so has probably just tweeked it again. We've already brought in a new physio in the summer, I can't remember her name off the top of my head but she came to us from Luton and is a rovers fan. 

The new physio is Lauren.  She started off at Kirkcaldy and Dysart, then went down south 

16 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

What’s going on with this club and injuries again?! Surely we have to look at the rehab/physio etc! 

what has happened to Corr his interview a few weeks ago he said he hoped to be back. Watson injured again, who’s going to look into this!

Let’s see…defender breaks foot, blame rehab/physio…defender gets nicked in a game, blame rehab/physio…DM is slow to return from surgery because they’re being careful when he exhibits some discomfort, blame rehab/physio…utility player misses a game because of a bug, blame rehab/physio…midfielder gets clattered and limps off, plays the next week just fine, crickets…what is going on with this club, fans and injuries this year!

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Let’s see…defender breaks foot, blame rehab/physio…defender gets nicked in a game, blame rehab/physio…DM is slow to return from surgery because they’re being careful when he exhibits some discomfort, blame rehab/physio…utility player misses a game because of a bug, blame rehab/physio…midfielder gets clattered and limps off, plays the next week just fine, crickets…what is going on with this club, fans and injuries this year!

🤣🤣

I am a wee bit concerned that we don't know what the strongest 11 is.  As much as I thought the changes were right on paper today, I do fear that the options we have make it so tempting to tinker week to week.  Gives very little scope for getting a settled 11 on the park.

Today doesn't change much, for me.  I think we were lucky to have had the points total we had, but do feel we are a decent side who should finish top 4.  A lot of that is still on paper though.  Murray needs to establish a strongest 11 

I'm still really, really dissapointed with Hamilton in front of goal.  He gives us a hell of a lot with his general play, but he's been nowhere near good enough in terms of scoring goals.  That's the big concern for me. We struggled last season largely down to having strikers who couldn't score, and despite making a very good signing to solve that, it's not really changed.  I think some thoughts of us due somebody a doing are absolutely miles off the mark.  

That said, it's the first bad result this season, it's vital not to over react.  That will happen to an extent, and has already started to, but nothing has been won or lost yet.

51 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I am a wee bit concerned that we don't know what the strongest 11 is.  As much as I thought the changes were right on paper today, I do fear that the options we have make it so tempting to tinker week to week.  Gives very little scope for getting a settled 11 on the park.

Today doesn't change much, for me.  I think we were lucky to have had the points total we had, but do feel we are a decent side who should finish top 4.  A lot of that is still on paper though.  Murray needs to establish a strongest 11 

I'm still really, really dissapointed with Hamilton in front of goal.  He gives us a hell of a lot with his general play, but he's been nowhere near good enough in terms of scoring goals.  That's the big concern for me. We struggled last season largely down to having strikers who couldn't score, and despite making a very good signing to solve that, it's not really changed.  I think some thoughts of us due somebody a doing are absolutely miles off the mark.  

That said, it's the first bad result this season, it's vital not to over react.  That will happen to an extent, and has already started to, but nothing has been won or lost yet.

I'd say the last two weeks he's been to eager to give a good sub's performance a start. Our best front 4 is Hamilton, with Stanton behind and Smith and Mullin either side. Gives us the right balance of skill, pace and industry. Problem is you couldnt over look Vaughan going int Inverness or Easton over the last two weeks.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

I'd say the last two weeks he's been to eager to give a good sub's performance a start. Our best front 4 is Hamilton, with Stanton behind and Smith and Mullin either side. Gives us the right balance of skill, pace and industry. Problem is you couldnt over look Vaughan going int Inverness or Easton over the last two weeks.

I guess that's the downside to the depth of squad we have, in attacking areas at least.  Keeping everyone happy but sticking to the strongest side, recognising that sometimes subs will come on and change the game.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Agree with this. I didn't think we were that bad today really, but you can't keep scraping through tight matches every week without coming out on the wrong end a few times. 

I thought Hamilton had another good game today but he's got to start burying chances like that one in the second half. If he scores then, we'd probably have gone on to win because we were well on top at that point. 

I think the continual  chopping and changing of the forwards is not helping us get any proper momentum. One bad game from Vaughan, Mullin, Smith, Gullan, Easton and Hamilton and they are dropped right away. Meanwhile players behind them are having regular stinkers and never being touched. Probably as we are so top heavy in the front areas with players. Last week Vaghan and Smith had an off day and were subbed, this week Mullin and Easton starting instead, who both had stinkers this week in my opinion.  Everyone quick to point at Masson for the goal but it all came from them playing out from the back and Easton jogging about telling everyone else to pick up the runners rather than him pressing and putting a tackle in.

I also dont think Ian Murray has figured out just how to get the best out Gullan, Vaughan and to some extend Stanton in the same way McGlynn did. Mostly formation.

Hopefully Connolly can come in and pick up from last season and we have to give players longer runs in the team than in one week, bombed out the next.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Greig Young stretchered off at Dumbarton after treatment, hope it’s not too bad.

It sounded pretty awful. One of those where he's just crumpled in a heap and you hear the scream from the stand. Even though it was on the opposite touchline, by the dugouts.

Faz didn't know the damage when I spoke to him post-match, but the wee man was away at hospital with his dad by that point. Play was suspended for about 10 minutes before he was stretchered off with gas and air and both sets of medics working on him. A few of our coaching staff were on the park comforting him. Everything you don't want to see. It looked like he's just landed badly, it certainly wasn't as a result of a bad challenge or anything. 

Faz was quite upset speaking about after the game. It was as devastated as I've seen him for a player. You could tell he was worried.

Hopefully we get some positive news over the weekend as he's looked like a bit of a gem. But it's hard to see him playing for a wee while based on what we saw today. It's as worrying a scene with a player as I've seen for a long time.

17 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It sounded pretty awful. One of those where he's just crumpled in a heap and you hear the scream from the stand. Even though it was on the opposite touchline, by the dugouts.

Faz didn't know the damage when I spoke to him post-match, but the wee man was away at hospital with his dad by that point. Play was suspended for about 10 minutes before he was stretchered off with gas and air and both sets of medics working on him. A few of our coaching staff were on the park comforting him. Everything you don't want to see. It looked like he's just landed badly, it certainly wasn't as a result of a bad challenge or anything. 

Faz was quite upset speaking about after the game. It was as devastated as I've seen him for a player. You could tell he was worried.

Hopefully we get some positive news over the weekend as he's looked like a bit of a gem. But it's hard to see him playing for a wee while based on what we saw today. It's as worrying a scene with a player as I've seen for a long time.

Hope Greig is alright. He does a bit of coaching with Joe Cardle’s academy in the park near me and seems like a nice lad. Fingers crossed for him but that doesn’t sound good at all.