The New Raith Rovers Thread

Having had some time to digest, the key standouts for me are;

1- Scoring late goals instead of conceding them. 
Last season we didn’t score a single goal after 85mins, and those we conceded cost us 3points. 
This season we’ve scored 3 winners and an equaliser in that period, getting us an extra 10points. 

2- The ability to game manage, or ‘see a game out’. 
Last season even when we went ahead it was only about 50:50 that we would manage to win the game. We even lost 1 in 10 games we went ahead in. 
This season we’ve never lost a game where we’ve been ahead and we’ve won nearly 90% of them. 

Both of those stats speak to the same thing for me- character and belief right throughout the squad. 
Better strength in depth of the squad must also be a massive factor, and that probably feeds into Murray being able to make better tactical choices towards the end of games. 

I bloody love the direction this club is going in. 

18 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Oh feck, Thomson, McNeil, Corr, Dick, Masson, Millen, Watson,  Byrne, Easton, McGill,  Mathews, Mullin, Stanton, Gullan, Vaughan, Arnott, Mitchell, and Ross. All out of contract in June

Think we need a few more folk in the 1883 club 

TBF,if and its a big if,but if we were fortunate to be promoted a chunk of those players aren,t capable of the step up

We would need to invest in our squad againg

5 hours ago, renton said:

Fancy doing a scatter plot in 5 minute intervals of goals for and against over the last three seasons? Wondering if you'd see a big spike in goals against in the first ten mins of the second half vs other times...

Not a scatter, but I can see about a nice bar graph…we’ll see, it’ll cut into my CoD MW2 time.

59 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

TBF,if and its a big if,but if we were fortunate to be promoted a chunk of those players aren,t capable of the step up

We would need to invest in our squad againg

If and that’s a big F’ing IF, we need to play the whole 90 minutes of every game. Having shredded all my nails this season already. We should never be content for 1 or 2 goal leads. 

7 hours ago, renton said:

Fancy doing a scatter plot in 5 minute intervals of goals for and against over the last three seasons? Wondering if you'd see a big spike in goals against in the first ten mins of the second half vs other times...

Screenshot2023-11-03125423.png.ca7a51cc5497b82b2020b75c4a2bc726.pngScreenshot2023-11-03125412.png.e865f45266ee5ef8d2d083c440421bd9.pngScreenshot2023-11-03125505.png.b93330b8024a91519f66649215c34d0e.pngScreenshot2023-11-03125456.png.6bea5d4ccfc8be22f96108da9e5aa7ac.pngScreenshot2023-11-03125533.png.1e40884e7a8211294bcf84042f4e0b94.pngScreenshot2023-11-03125525.png.1345ed94a896e3c1140c13d001130d95.pngScreenshot2023-11-03125612.png.a8fc6e4b6002faf5e6bf445e7f4d0f0d.pngScreenshot2023-11-03125603.png.ba4f21af4c2dab9501301a6d7d0cb0f5.png

What jumps out at me is:

2020-2021: 12 goals allowed between 66' and 75' (typically about when JMcG made subs).

2021-2022: 7 goals allowed in the 5 minutes after halftime, plus 29 goals allowed in/after 61' versus 22 scored.

2022-2023: 10 goals allowed in the 5 minutes after halftime.

The strange thing is in JMcG's last season and IM's first season, we were horrible at defending just after the half.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Two questions for Raith fans:

1. Where do you think you will end up in the league?
2. When is the last time you played in the top division?

Number 2 - we relegated in May 1997 never to darken its doors since.

Number 1 - don't wanna tempt fate.

Edited by bobbykdy

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

1. 1st, but only if you guys Hibs it, realistically top 4 but 2nd is looking good

2. See above 

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Whilst I love the stats........................

..................I do think Tx needs to get out of the house a bit more 🤣

Only joking bud, love this shit 😍

Alas! My eyes have started to bleed!🫣

Mainly because all of my life I've found joined up numbers not to be my thing🥺

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Gut feeling is 2nd place.  Don't think we have enough depth in certain areas to mount any credible title challenge, but given where we are we should be aiming for 2nd place.

Its early doors tho.  This time last year we were joint 2nd, a few points off top, and away to face Dundee away.  The season then folded like a hot Easter egg.

Edited by CALDERON

I think realistically you have to finish 2nd to stand a chance in the play offs. Finishing 3rd and 4th gives you two extra games and after a long season that'll take it out a team. I think that has to be the realistic goal as we can't compete with resources Dundee Utd have.

9 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Joking aside, top 4 has got to be a realistic finish given the gap to Partick already. We should be aiming to finishing 2nd, but even at this stage it is not guaranteed. 

After me saying this, get to the bookies and put your money on a 1-0 defeat to Airdrie today.

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

1,  Think everyone is hopeful we can secure top 4 but the higher the better, can’t see past your lot taking top spot as I can’t see who is going to beat you at the moment. We might be holding your coat tails right now but we’d need a lot of luck to keep up the consistency we’ve shown so far. 

2. As said above 1997, we didn’t want to be part of that SPL nonsense anyway! High time we had a wee adventure back up there.  Need to make Europe as we’ve unfinished business with that Bayern lot.