The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

What part do you disagree with?

Do you think all games should be the same price? 

I think games should be kept as affordable as possible, putting up prices for the bigger games only puts more pressure on the finances of the fans. 

It's not a dig at Raith specifically, Dunfermline have done it in the past and if we ever get promoted I'd imagine we'll do it in the future to the Edinburgh and Old Firm games, I just think it's shite patter. 

See I think tiered pricing is perfectly acceptable. Games which generate less demand should cost less and games which generate more demand should cost more.

I agree totally that prices should be cheaper, generally, but I have no issue with them fluctuating depending on the demand anticipated for the game.

Therefore I reserve the right to think that £20 for the forthcoming cup tie is too expensive but £21 for the NY derby is good value.

Great to see The Special One working his magic at Starks. Unbelievably, some of our support thought the miracles he performed with us were all down to Jack Ross. Then there were some others who thought he sullied his legacy by daring to leave for full-time football. As far as I'm concerned, he could've driven off into the sunset in a Clydebank strip and I'd still want a statue of him outside the rock.

I'm going to very cheekily leave this here, which I totally appreciate is a bit of a stretch, given I'm not even sure he reached 10 games for Raith. Greig Young had a horror injury last month and is going to need surgery. Since our owners don't put a penny into the club, it's fallen on Sons fans' generosity (as usual), when normal folk are getting absolutely shafted by the cost of living crisis.

27 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Great to see The Special One working his magic at Starks. Unbelievably, some of our support thought the miracles he performed with us were all down to Jack Ross. Then there were some others who thought he sullied his legacy by daring to leave for full-time football. As far as I'm concerned, he could've driven off into the sunset in a Clydebank strip and I'd still want a statue of him outside the rock.

I'm going to very cheekily leave this here, which I totally appreciate is a bit of a stretch, given I'm not even sure he reached 10 games for Raith. Greig Young had a horror injury last month and is going to need surgery. Since our owners don't put a penny into the club, it's fallen on Sons fans' generosity (as usual), when normal folk are getting absolutely shafted by the cost of living crisis.

I fully understand why this is required, but your owners should be fucking ashamed of themselves that this is happening. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I fully understand why this is required, but your owners should be fucking ashamed of themselves that this is happening. 

Completely agree. Our ownership situation is a long and complex story, which I won't bore you with, but the man does not have a ounce of shame in him (he is currently serving a lengthy ban from being a director of any company for ripping off investors for millions of pounds).

Edited by FifeSons

The thing about tiered pricing is that most clubs have been doing it informally for years. We don't pay the same for a league game vs Dundee United as we do for an early round cup game vs Annan or a semi-final vs Hearts. This is just bringing it in to league games and setting the price further in advance of the category a games.

See Murray’s name is getting a lot more attention and banded about for the vacant County job.

Hopefully he rejects it if they do approach and will be massively disappointed if he does following on from the Dundee situation in the summer. 

At least with Dundee it was an attractive proposition…County for me is stay above Livi and St Johnstone is as good as you could reasonably hope for. 

I’m obviously biased but we look good for too 4 currently and as strong a chance to get promoted for the first time in near 20 years. I’d say Murray and McCabe will feature as candidates for a lot of jobs going forward…young fresh managers highlighted for trying to play attractive football vs the usual old merry go round.

Murray has the chance at Starks to become a legend in the mould of Sir Jimmy Nic if he gets us up.  That will make his CV even more worthy.  

At County he is going to be straight into a relegation battle, which may see us pass them.

County are less of an attraction than Dundee are/were. (Did I just say that?). :D

13 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The Dundee Utd game was the most expensive game to pay at the gate that I can remember at Starks Park, but the highest gate for years

The crowd was high because it was 1st v 2nd and Raith are flying high. If you were 7th and stinking the league out the home crowd would've been halved and most of you would be criticising your club for its poor pricing policy.

5 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’d say Murray and McCabe will feature as candidates for a lot of jobs going forward…

Agree with this, think both have a lot of potential, Murray a bit further on in terms of experience but McCabe doing well in only his second season, kind of hope both go elsewhere (down south, abroad?) rather than join the premeirship merry go round

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

The crowd was high because it was 1st v 2nd and Raith are flying high. If you were 7th and stinking the league out the home crowd would've been halved and most of you would be criticising your club for its poor pricing policy.

Pricing wouldn't have made it much higher though.  We've had well priced games to watch shite teams, in front of poor crowds. 

59 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Pricing wouldn't have made it much higher though.  We've had well priced games to watch shite teams, in front of poor crowds. 

We've had numerous people using the relatively high crowd to somehow justify the Raith ticket price policy.

The home crowds are higher this season because you're playing well and are currently high up the table.

49 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

We've had numerous people using the relatively high crowd to somehow justify the Raith ticket price policy.

The home crowds are higher this season because you're playing well and are currently high up the table.

That's kind of my point, to be honest.  Someone hinted that the derby crowd should have been higher than it was, but ultimately prices don't make that much of a difference.  Its what happens on the pitch that determines if people go or not.  

57 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Absolutely.... but

Whether we were playing well or not, the crowds for the DU and Pars games would be higher than the ICT or Morton Games.

Crowds are also higher, imo, due to the free under 12 policy and the excellent RRCF which has hundreds of youngsters playing football in Rovers colours. Not only are there obviously many more of these youngsters at games I know many families who now go who were never interested in football 2 or 3 years ago. 

The tiered pricing and the higher than average adult ticket price have facilitated that. 

Regarding pricing, the club need to offset the lost revenue of letting u12s go free somehow. I’m more than happy paying £4 more for my ticket if it means that more kids are going to the game. Bigger picture is that hopefully in a few years we will see the benefit of kids going free. 

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Where I agree that the product on the pitch can attribute to the higher attendances, the fact that the new board has brought the club and fans together and has brought an unbelievable feel good factor back to The Rovers is probably the highest factor of the increase in support. No-one knew how we'd play at the beginning of the season and our first home game of the season (against Morton which achieved an average of around 1500 last season) had a crowd of 3,000. If the performances dwindle, then the crowd may go along with it, but I think the way that the board are going about this season and re-connecting with fans will mean that, in my opinion, it won't be as dramatic as some people may think. 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

The tiered pricing and the higher than average adult ticket price have facilitated that. 

Or......these 2 factors plus the serious financial investment in your club have allowed you to speculate & sign better players which helped you get off to a good start, leading to higher crowds at these home games.

I still don't think the fact you've had bigger crowds at these 2 games means it's OK to charge more for them, but I feel like you've made your mind up.....fair doos. Just a bit concerned as to where will it all end? Will we be paying £26 next time we visit Starks?

55 minutes ago, Raith1234 said:

I’m more than happy paying £4 more for my ticket if it means that more kids are going to the game

That's up to you & you've every right to do that.

Charge home fans whatever you want but away fans shouldn't be railroaded into subsidising your future fanbase.